Is It Possible To Love A Man So Much

That you love his family almost instantaneously? Like you just develop a deep reverence and admiration for his parents and sibling(s) upon meeting them and you enjoy being around them?

Yes, sounds you like you (and me too).... :p:2inlove:

I am a deep feeling woman though. I think I loved my SO even before I got with him and never knew it. I remember people would want to ask him for rides here-and-there when they'd come to NY or need a ride to the airport and I'd always volunteer to do it, to save him time. And when we got together I felt so connected to him and his family. I automatically love anyone that he loves. His friends are cool, and so are his relatives.

Plus from the way you describe your SO (if this thread is about him) I am not surprised. He seems to be a real catch. So naturally his parents would be similar to him. :D

Yes, sounds you like you (and me too).... :p:2inlove:

I am a deep feeling woman though. I think I loved my SO even before I got with him and never knew it. I remember people would want to ask him for rides here-and-there when they'd come to NY or need a ride to the airport and I'd always volunteer to do it, to save him time. And when we got together I felt so connected to him and his family. I automatically love anyone that he loves. His friends are cool, and so are his relatives.

Plus from the way you describe your SO (if this thread is about him) I am not surprised. He seems to be a real catch. So naturally his parents would be similar to him. :D

Yeah he's amazing in every way plus very attractive. When we were just getting to know each other, I was very curious about his parents because I needed to know wtf made and raised this man, lol.

I am really happy for you. You deserve each other. Fe'm marraine nos la ak ti Lucie, okay? Mesi en avans! :p

:lol: :rofl: you're too cute!

So when I met them I was floored, his entire family is so warm and sweet, and his mom is gorgeous and looks very young for her age. His dad's eyes were twinkling with joy and his sister was very warm and pleasant, she made sure I was comfortable.

I felt like this about my in laws at first and maybe I came on too strong--I'd send them cards and gifts, etc. Now that I know them, my MIL is different than who I Thought she'd be. She keeps her distance and I'm very happy about that. My FIL and BIL are cool. DH's extended family are suuuuuper sweet.

I def loved dh's family instantly....they reminded me of mines and i was really hoping he came from a decent family as my family is very close....

as you know when you meet ppl/families and your like this aint it lol:look:

one day when dh and i were dating he was like next weekend we're gonna stop by my parents when your up by me....Im like okay cool..in my head i thought we would stop by and he introduce to his parents and KIM.....lmaooooooo

Um......the wknd came... I looked nice..I dressed for Saturday night in ny ( as in my head a few mins of greetings and then off to enjoy the night in soho) and i dressed conservative enough to meet his parents....We arrive....this mans entire family was there..siblings...nieces/nephews..aunty....parents....and his sister and mom cooked me this elaborate several course meal...custom for his culture.....and i walked into this big welcome celebration...no one ate b4 me and his sis fixed my plate...I was like OMG played it mad cool..super appreciative...and spent the rest of the evening there...laughing..talking...hugging everyone....holding the baby....shouting at the tv with everyone else watching the game...you name it....I was in it....lmaoooo His mom BFF appeared and she asked me 100 questions....his parents were sweet..his mom i knew was no joke....DH is the oldest....

his mom and i have a pretty decent relationship but it is something we work on....my mom and his mom are damn near bff's....at first everything was amazing but dh and i had a disagreement early on in our rlp and she witnessed it and you knew she was "team my first born" she read me in the nicest most snobby mature way....i nicely remained silent and thanked her for her words of "advice"... (didnt have the ring yet so you knew a sistah was polite)...but i def fell in luv with them it was a family i welcomed being apart of...:rose:

I def loved dh's family instantly....they reminded me of mines and i was really hoping he came from a decent family as my family is very close....

as you know when you meet ppl/families and your like this aint it lol:look:

one day when dh and i were dating he was like next weekend we're gonna stop by my parents when your up by me....Im like okay cool..in my head i thought we would stop by and he introduce to his parents and KIM.....lmaooooooo

Um......the wknd came... I looked nice..I dressed for Saturday night in ny ( as in my head a few mins of greetings and then off to enjoy the night in soho) and i dressed conservative enough to meet his parents....We arrive....this mans entire family was there..siblings...nieces/nephews..aunty....parents....and his sister and mom cooked me this elaborate several course meal...custom for his culture.....and i walked into this big welcome celebration...no one ate b4 me and his sis fixed my plate...I was like OMG played it mad cool..super appreciative...and spent the rest of the evening there...laughing..talking...hugging everyone....holding the baby....shouting at the tv with everyone else watching the game...you name it....I was in it....lmaoooo His mom BFF appeared and she asked me 100 questions....his parents were sweet..his mom i knew was no joke....DH is the oldest....

his mom and i have a pretty decent relationship but it is something we work on....my mom and his mom are damn near bff's....at first everything was amazing but dh and i had a disagreement early on in our rlp and she witnessed it and you knew she was "team my first born" she read me in the nicest most snobby mature way....i nicely remained silent and thanked her for her words of "advice"... (didnt have the ring yet so you knew a sistah was polite)...but i def fell in luv with them it was a family i welcomed being apart of...:rose:

OMG! Your intro to your hubby's family sounds very similar to mine except it was a family/graduation cookout. I met his parents, sister, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandmother and they made me feel SOO welcomed, it was like they were family.
His mom is very nice but queen beeish in every sense of the word, I have a lot of respect for her :yep: .

We arrive....this mans entire family was there..siblings...nieces/nephews..aunty....parents....and his sister and mom cooked me this elaborate several course meal...custom for his culture.....and i walked into this big welcome celebration...no one ate b4 me and his sis fixed my plate...I was like OMG played it mad cool..super appreciative...and spent the rest of the evening there...laughing..talking...hugging everyone....holding the baby...

OMG! Your intro to your hubby's family sounds very similar to mine except it was a family/graduation cookout

This was me last week. His graduation party,which he said was going to be low key. Umm EVERYONE was there. He asked his 3 year old nephew that I was playing with if he liked me and kid said,no I LOVE Aunty Shiks. His aunt came and chatted,his uncle invited me for Christmas,his other uncle shared a mad embarrassing story for 'potential girlfriends' to take note and looked at me as he said it. Lots of love and it was awesome. I hope we grow and are wonderful so I can honor my Christmas invite.

Yes. This is how I felt toward my in-laws upon first meeting them and I still feel that way now. From day one, they all embraced me like a long lost daughter. My husband, then boyfriend, flew me to California with him because they were having a huge family reunion/Thanksgiving celebration so I met his mom, dad, sister, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents all in one day! That weekend was amazing and I overheard his mom and one of his aunts telling him "I like her...you better marry her."

His family reminds me of my family so much. Full of love and laughter and shenanigans. He adores my family as well.

Yes. This is how I felt toward my in-laws upon first meeting them and I still feel that way now. From day one, they all embraced me like a long lost daughter. My husband, then boyfriend, flew me to California with him because they were having a huge family reunion/Thanksgiving celebration so I met his mom, dad, sister, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents all in one day! That weekend was amazing and I overheard his mom and one of his aunts telling him "I like her...you better marry her."

His family reminds me of my family so much. Full of love and laughter and shenanigans. He adores my family as well.

YES! You worded it perfectly! This is exactly how I felt, there were no feelings of feeling like an outsider. And yeah, his parents are already pushing for marriage and babies, lol.

Yes, I love his family and they are very, very welcoming and warm. Get used to the marriage and baby talk....it won't stop :lol:

To be honest, though, i am easy to love :look: i don't mean that in an arrogant way but i meet very few people who don't gravitate towards me almost instantly. i have a warm, friendly disposition.

This happened to me when I met DH. I yearned to be part of his family. I loved their closeness and obvious love for each other.

Then a few years into the marriage the "good" and loving family dynamics became almost unbearable for me and my dysfunctional self.

Now I just respect it.
That you love his family almost instantaneously? Like you just develop a deep reverence and admiration for his parents and sibling(s) upon meeting them and you enjoy being around them?

I feel jipped(spelling???)/slighted. I knew DH family before i knew him, so no warm and fuzzies and no cute meeting stories share. booo.. lol

BUT I LOVE MY IN-LAWS. My MIL and FIL are the ISH.

Back