Is it possible to achieve silky straight hair...

Mocha1111

Is it possible to achieve silky straight hair on 4b natural hair (my daughter's) with a ceramic flat iron??? If it is, please advise on what products to use. I am currently using BioSilk Silk Therapy and Elasta QP Mango Butter, but I believe it is water based and her ends do not get straight at all. I am wondering if maybe she needs a good trim...she has never really had one because her hair is natural. Please Help!!! Thanks.

~BUMP~ Hi T
wave.gif

You know what I learned about pressing my hair from the last stylists I wen to? When pulling the iron through the sections of hair, right in front of it and at the same time, use a comb to separate sort of tame the strands so when the iron is on them, the crinkly ones don't get pressed into a flat crinkle, because the comb "pre-straightens" them and there is just smooth hair being pressed.
It sounds kind of complicated when I read back over the statement, and it takes some practice to get the coordination down that is needed to handle both the iron and comb at the same time, but I get very smooth silky ends this way and no puffiness at the roots USUALLY because the hair is prepared for the iron.
I don't use any products on my hair anymore while pressing. I've noticed my hair just gets hotter quicker, but not straighter. Although I do use Proclaim 7 oil blend or whatever it's called, their version of Hot 6, when I section of the fron areas on my scalp, because the scalp there tends to be really dry and flakes at the hairline so tap a little along the parts.
After the pressing, I might rub a little oil in my hands and smooth it over and through my hair and then tie a bandana around it for the day- unless I'm going somewhere that I need to show out for. Sometimes I just put some Mango butter on it, but I get more favorable results with the oil.
I don't have any recent pictures, which bums me, because I have taken my braids down, darkened my hair once (it was very blonde for a long time) and last night took the plunge and dyed it black! Omigosh. I usually don't like my hair very dark, so my skin will look darker, but I was feeling like mylife is about to change very dramatically and just started with the hair!!
Anyways, my press, when done carefully is very straight and silky. When I do it all lazy, it SHOWS!!
BTW, my hair is some weird combo of 2b, 3a/b and 4a and it's 100% natural.

When I flat iron I only use biosilk (the kind in the spray can) and Keracare ilken seal, no other products. I spray the Biosilk on the length of the hair and put a little silken seal on the ends.

Back