Is it ok to wear no style after daily co-washing??

didismirage4

So I got the LHCF stamp of approval for using mousse after co-washing. :look:I co-wash with Humecto and some cheapie conditioners (I also d/c with Humecto once a week and use K-pak once a week bc I have fine hair). I then put on Luxxtress and Salerm 21 and then finish off with Tresemme mousse.

I used to airdry in ponytails but I think after a while it will cause breakage from tension.

Lately I've just been leaving my hair down (I'm APL) and letting it dry that way. Is that okay? I live in Miami so I have a lot of tops and dresses that are halter tops so that my hair doesn't come in contact with any cotton/wool. At night I just put some jojoba oil and maybe add some Hair Milk and clip it up (NOT wrapping as I feel it will cause too much manipulation for air-dried hair for me).

So does that sound okay for maintaining healthy locks? Thanks! :)

P.S. I'm going to a dermatologist to find out why the hair that I lost post-surgery in '06 hasn't grown back yet on Wednesday! I hope I can find some answers..

I do essentially the same thing -a Wash and go- and have for years. No problems yet. :yep:

Some experience tangles with air drying. But if YOUR hair likes it go for it. I think you may be using more products than you need to, which could lead to build up.

Try using a bit of conditioner as a leave in, or just use mousse -if it's conditioning enough. I've reviewed NTM mousse which I used for a couple years with no dryness. I don't know about Tressemme's mousse.

I wish my hair were long enough that I could just leave it be after co washing. If you can get away with it I say go for it.

I do essentially the same thing -a Wash and go- and have for years. No problems yet. :yep:

Some experience tangles with air drying. But if YOUR hair likes it go for it. I think you may be using more products than you need to, which could lead to build up.

Try using a bit of conditioner as a leave in, or just use mousse -if it's conditioning enough. I've reviewed NTM mousse which I used for a couple years with no dryness. I don't know about Tressemme's mousse.

Oops! :blush:Should I use a cheapie con (I have V05 Strawberry) or one like MoistureFuse? You think that and the mousse will be ok?

I also have Paul Mitchell's Sculpting Foam mousse that I think may have more conditioning ingredients than Tresemme. I just like Tresemme better because it gives me a "wet look" for most of the day.

Yeah, I wash and literally go. I don't see a problem.

I usually leave my conditioner in my hair these days. I learned to go a bit heavy handed and leave it in from the biracialhair.org website.

Not sure about mousse. I always think alcohol and mousse as synonymous, but if lhcf approved it then it must be okay :)

Yeah, I wash and literally go. I don't see a problem.

I usually leave my conditioner in my hair these days. I learned to go a bit heavy handed and leave it in from the biracialhair.org website.

Not sure about mousse. I always think alcohol and mousse as synonymous, but if lhcf approved it then it must be okay :)

Yeah I thought so too! I always gave mousse a very evil eye while contemplating buying. But I went on Tresemme's website and they said that this mousse is alcohol-free. And I believe Paul Mitchell's is alcohol-free too.. BUT is isobutane an alcohol??

I can understand the heavy-handedness when air-drying. I feel, at least with my hair, you have to use more than you'd use if you were rollersetting.

I gather from reading past threads, most of the ladies (MBL to WL+) believe in KISS anyhow. :yep: I dont blame them, the longer my hair grows, Im spending more TIME in the bathroom for things like detangling/braiding and Im not near where I want to be yet. I can only imagine....but Im looking forward to it!

I gather from reading past threads, most of the ladies (MBL to WL+) believe in KISS anyhow. :yep: I dont blame them, the longer my hair grows, Im spending more TIME in the bathroom for things like detangling/braiding and Im not near where I want to be yet. I can only imagine....but Im looking forward to it!

My hair was MBL before I was forced to cut it and I was blowdrying + flatironing it not knowing I could airdry. Believe me, the longer your hair is the LESS you want to do with it anyway! :yep:

Oops! :blush:Should I use a cheapie con (I have V05 Strawberry) or one like MoistureFuse? You think that and the mousse will be ok?

I also have Paul Mitchell's Sculpting Foam mousse that I think may have more conditioning ingredients than Tresemme. I just like Tresemme better because it gives me a "wet look" for most of the day.

I meant you probably don't need the Salerm, other product, whatever lingers from your co-wash, AND mousse. Maybe just the co-wash then add mousse. Or just one of the other products. It's whateve ryou hair likes, but seeing how few products you actually need is a good thing o you save money, time, and don't overload your hair in the long run. :yep:

I am APL too and usually wash and go. Sometimes if its almost completely dry, I'll add a headband or another piece to kind of dress up the front. Other than that, I pull back in a bun. So far, so good and its easy for me to poo once a week and condish wash up to twice since I work out.

I am APL too and usually wash and go. Sometimes if its almost completely dry, I'll add a headband or another piece to kind of dress up the front. Other than that, I pull back in a bun. So far, so good and its easy for me to poo once a week and condish wash up to twice since I work out.

What do you put in your hair after you come out?

I meant you probably don't need the Salerm, other product, whatever lingers from your co-wash, AND mousse. Maybe just the co-wash then add mousse. Or just one of the other products. It's whateve ryou hair likes, but seeing how few products you actually need is a good thing o you save money, time, and don't overload your hair in the long run. :yep:

I'm gonna try leaving in some Humecto and using just the Tresemme mousse, thanks! :)

Back