Is it ok to use Hot rollers/Caruso Rollers Daily?

Well since I've thrown away all my velcro rollers due to they were killing my ends and I can't sleep in the magnetic rollers, I've been alternating using my Carusos and Remington hot rollers everyday. Since I'm using hot rollers everyday, I know that is putting heat on my hair, could there be a potential for damamage as long as I moisturize daily??

Thanks ladies for your help

Even though it's indirect heat it's still heat..... so I cant imagine that it would be "great" for your hair on a daily basis. But it still beats using a flat/curling iron every day!

Have you thought about pin curling your hair at night to preserve the curls? Just separate a small amout of hair with your fingers and roll it up, then pin flat to your hair with a metal clip or bobby pin. You can make the curl looser or tighter, depending on how you want it to fall. Then sleep with a satin bonnet or loose silk scarf.

This is probably just as effective as using the hot rollers, but minus the heat! :)

HTH

KiniKakes said:
Even though it's indirect heat it's still heat..... so I cant imagine that it would be "great" for your hair on a daily basis. But it still beats using a flat/curling iron every day!

Have you thought about pin curling your hair at night to preserve the curls? Just separate a small amout of hair with your fingers and roll it up, then pin flat to your hair with a metal clip or bobby pin. You can make the curl looser or tighter, depending on how you want it to fall. Then sleep with a satin bonnet or loose silk scarf.

This is probably just as effective as using the hot rollers, but minus the heat! :)

HTH

Yes I have tried this before at least 3 times and it's been a disaster every time. My hair is all over my head and I followed the directions to a T that I printed from the internet. My curls always end up flipping up no matter what direction I loop the hair around my finger. I've looped them tight and loose and always got the same results. So basically I have given up on the pin curls. I really like the way the hot rollers make my hair look in the morning when I'm rushing, they are so bouncy. I'm still trying to get the hang of the carusos......LOL

I use Carusos almost everyday and I know that there are afew ladies that do, as well. I love that I can use them daily w/o damage. Carusos are safe enough to use often.

Remington hot curlers, on the other hand, I WOULD NOT use daily. They get super hot and the heat is direct. I try not to use my unless I really have to. it is like using acurling iron, if not worse, because with a curling iron, you tend to remove the heat faster. With the rollers, there is a tendancy to leave them on for along time, which is not so good.

amina kamal said:
Which Caruso do you all use? Is it the Ion one?

Yep and the only reason I don't use them everyday is because they leave my hair damp, but I think I figured out what I was doing wrong and I will try them again tonight and not wrap my hair, just pull it behind my ears and put on my satin bonnet

Back