Is it necassary to wrap you hair........

honeycomb719

every time you lay down? I ask this because this was asked to me by a guy friend of mine before sex. He says I'm messing up the flow /images/graemlins/cool.gif I do understand /images/graemlins/frown.gif but don't want to do anything that will jeopardize me getting to my hair goal. Has anyone here had this problem? And how did you handle this? I know this can't be just something I'm going through /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Relaxed 4a Thin Hair
Current Length: Different Lengths 3-7inches w/ the front and sides being the shortest.
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair

You know you are obsessed with your hair when you pause your love making to wrap your hair. LMAO!!!! I say buy silk or satin sheets. It is a hair saver plus it adds to the mood.

lol...i don't know from experience...haven't gotten that far in my life yet. But i can imagine it probably would mess up the "flow". lol...sorry to laugh. i think honeyrocket made a good suggestion though. silk or satin sheets wouldn't create that much friction on your hair.

I'm a hair wrapper and by now my fiance is used to me sleeping in a scarf. But when we are in the mood to get amorous I will usually take my hair down to do the 'do' and then wrap it after we are done doing our thang. I've already laid down the law about the scarf, it's not going anywhere if he wants me to keep my hair healthy. He's cool now.

i usually don't wrap my hair, but if i leave my hair down it is really getting in my way and on my nerves sometimes (especially when we get a little wild /images/graemlins/wink.gif) so i usually like to put it in a braid or two braids. but of course there are times when i just keep it down or in some curls or something. but i would not wrap it right before or put a stop on everything else cause i gotta wrap my hair.

I find that a good time to throw on a scarf or bonnet (although a bonnet makes me look like a granny) real quick is when your lover pauses to put on protection. Do this even if you just want to take a quick nap. You don't have to wrap it just yet, just cover your hair strands and ends, or throw your hair up into a high ponytail. You can keep a ponytail holder or scarf under your pillow....and you can get up later to moisturize and wrap your hair properly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Crysdon,

I do this sometimes and I really love it as well the only problem is sometimes I have the buns twisted in different directions so the hair is doing it's "own thing"!! It's a great no heat hairstyle!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! I'm picturing you getting busy with the bonnet on your head /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. I don't know if I'm that bold yet /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I am not sure if a scarf would stay on... /images/graemlins/smirk.gif and for me wearing a bonnet during love making conjurs up the "Laura Ingels" of Little House on the Prairie bedtime look to me lol! Besides, what if the man wants to run his fingers through your hair? What I do is have a scrunchie always on the night table and if the hair gets in the way, I just reach over and put my hair up.

Honeycomb,

I don't think wrapping the hair necessary, at least not for me. I couldn't stand to wrap my hair at night because it would itch too much. I just put my silk scarf around my pillow. My hair is never really messed up in the morning with the exception of a few hairs that are sticking out from the side that I slept on.

Back