Is it natural to be this excited about.....

Freespirit02

BEING NATURAL:grin:!!

I'm currently transitioning in braids and I can't wait to cut off my permed ends! I'm constantly playing with the little waves at my roots and my "kitchen":drunk:..and I can't wait til my whole head is like that. My boyfriend is excited too and he wants to raid my house for all my flatirons and perm kits just in case I have a relapse! lol..but i won't. This is my second time transitioning and it will be my last.

Am I the only way who starts smiling when they say the are transitioning or am i certified goof-ball:grin:

:yep: It's totally natural to feel excited about embracing your natural beauty.
:grin: What a beautiful feeling to enjoy being you!

I feel the exact same way. I love washing my hair and seeing the waves, the curls, and the kinks. I want to transition for 18 months but I doubt I'll last that long. My boyfriend is getting annoyed becuse I play with it so much.

YES!
I am in the same boat! I just passed my 8 month mark and I have been DYING to cut off these ends and see my hair (even though I plan on going another 9 months since I know short hair would NOT be cute on my round face... lol). I got so bad last night that I took a small strand at the nape of my neck and cut off the relaxed hair thinking that would satisfy my urge, but the result only made me want to cut more!!! I am extremely excited as well.
And it's fantastic that your boyfriend supports you. Not everyone is that blessed to have a man who wants you to embrace your natural beauty.

It is so natural to embrace your natural texture and to love that hair that is growing out of your head.

I'm really excited too! I'm not even a month post yet but I can definitely feel the curls already. For the first time in my life I washed my hair last night and didn't flat iron it! I air dried for about 2 hours and then I blow dried the rest on the low-cold setting.

YES!
I am in the same boat! I just passed my 8 month mark and I have been DYING to cut off these ends and see my hair (even though I plan on going another 9 months since I know short hair would NOT be cute on my round face... lol). I got so bad last night that I took a small strand at the nape of my neck and cut off the relaxed hair thinking that would satisfy my urge, but the result only made me want to cut more!!! I am extremely excited as well.
And it's fantastic that your boyfriend supports you. Not everyone is that blessed to have a man who wants you to embrace your natural beauty.

OMG I have the SAME exact urge!!!!! I am sooo excited too BC and my hubby is very supportive also. I bunned (what little I can bun) all weekend long and each time I co-washed I wanted to chop. BE STRONG SISTA!!!!!!!! lol

OMG I have the SAME exact urge!!!!! I am sooo excited too BC and my hubby is very supportive also. I bunned (what little I can bun) all weekend long and each time I co-washed I wanted to chop. BE STRONG SISTA!!!!!!!! lol

Same to you! It's gonna be a rough 9 more months!!! lol

It's natural.
It's awesome.
Enjoy the ride girl!!!
It's your natural hair, what's not to be happy and excited about!!!
I'm happy your man is on board with this too YAY!!!

Same here!! It's definitely natural to be excited. I am still soooo excited and I'm already natural (newly natural that is). :grin: I love my hair and I can't believe I treated it with those chemicals for so long. Oh well. My hair is happy now!!

PS I was suppose to transition for 24-36 months. Check out my signature and see how long that lasted :lachen:

YES!! It excited me so much I could only transition for 6 days then I shaved my head to get those relaxed ends off...I was a little too geeked about going natural :yep:

LOL!!! Glad I'm not the only one... Even though I don't plan on BC'ing any time soon (currently 41 weeks post), I cannot wait to see all my natural hair flowing and fro'ing.

Am I the only way who starts smiling when they say the are transitioning or am i certified goof-ball:grin:

No!!! Girl you are not the only one! I'm not even 3 months post yet, but I am sooo excited to be transitioning! :yay:

In the beginning I told myself that I would hold out and not even tell anyone but my very close friends and family members that I was transitioning. But now days, I find myself telling errrrrverybody!! :giggle: I don't even know why! I guess I'm just so excited about it that I feel like I have to tell SOMEBODY or else it will just burst inside of me. :lol:

I know how you feel, and believe me...it is a wonderful feeling. We can be goof-balls together. :lachen:

I can't wait until I see ALL of my natural hair. In fact, I wish I could transport myself to a year from now so that I can do a BC and get fully natural already. LOL!

I love this thread OP! Thank you :grin:

I can totally relate to you on being excited 'bout *almost* being natural. I'm about 3 weeks away from reaching the end of my 12 month transition to natural and I've been feeling anxious to just cut those nasty straight ends off and just be done with it. I had like 2 inches left last week and I got so sick of those straggly things that I went and bought some shears and cut an inch off. I can barely stand the sight of this last inch of relaxed ends that I have but hey it's only 3 more weeks of waiting right?

Anyways...I'm glad to see someone as excited about becoming natural as I am. Best of luck to you on your journey!

Same here!! It's definitely natural to be excited. I am still soooo excited and I'm already natural (newly natural that is). :grin: I love my hair and I can't believe I treated it with those chemicals for so long. Oh well. My hair is happy now!!

PS I was suppose to transition for 24-36 months. Check out my signature and see how long that lasted :lachen:

that's funny! seven months..hehe

No!!! Girl you are not the only one! I'm not even 3 months post yet, but I am sooo excited to be transitioning! :yay:

In the beginning I told myself that I would hold out and not even tell anyone but my very close friends and family members that I was transitioning. But now days, I find myself telling errrrrverybody!! :giggle: I don't even know why! I guess I'm just so excited about it that I feel like I have to tell SOMEBODY or else it will just burst inside of me. :lol:

I know how you feel, and believe me...it is a wonderful feeling. We can be goof-balls together. :lachen:

I can't wait until I see ALL of my natural hair. In fact, I wish I could transport myself to a year from now so that I can do a BC and get fully natural already. LOL!

girl i had a convo with my white friends about it. They were talking about how cute fros were and how nice i would look with one. Then i explained to her that's what i wanted but i had to cut the perm off first. It was a little weird having that convo..but fun at the same time!

Back