IS IT JUST ME, OR DOES.................

NeeSee

Is it just me or does conditioner seems to work better on dry hair than it does on wet hair? No matter what conditioner I use it seems to condition and moisturize my hair better when I apply it to dry hair before I wash. I am the only one with this problem?

Maybe it's kinda like the sponge theory??? If you try to clean up a spill with a soaked sponge, it won't be able to absorb the spill. But if you use a dry sponge, it'll soak the spill right up!

just a thought...

Most conditioner say to apply to towel dried hair. It's harder to absorb when the hair is soaked. I think detanglers work best on wet hair, though.

Yes! I'm beginning to think so too. My hair has been feeling really dry lately, so i decided to put my suave con mixed w/coconut oil and leave it in over night. And in the morning i rinsed it out. My hair was so soft and had this nice sheen to it all day! When i usually con-wash, i do it the morning in the shower on already wet hair and f/u with coconut oil but toward the end of the day my hair always looks and feels dry. I think i'm gonna always con-wash overnight on dry hair and just rinse with water in the am.

jasmine:)

I agree. I did it with protien too and my hair was super soft and its ususlly hard when I apply protien. I think I got the idea from a thread by macherieamour (if I'm not mistaken....thanks girl!). Applied Keraphix to dry hair with a plastic cap and hot towel for 45min.....get in the shower to rinse and poo then DC in the shower (it was a long shower day...shave etc). Much less time consuming though....only had to get in the shower once! :grin: My hair was ultra-moisturized and strong.

Back