Is it fair?

syze6

I have a problem with my stylist. She doesn't use the Vitale realxer rather she using QP sensitive scalp. It dried my hair out some awful. Anyway, she tellls me to pick up the vitale relaxer and she applies it. I used to get the Olive Oil kit and take it in and she would use the whole kit. She charges $65 and I bring my own relaxer. Is this fair, shouldn't she deduct the cost of the relaxer? Or Am I not being fair?

she should have deducted the price of the relaxer off of what she charged you....stylists, they can be something else sometimes :naughty:

She is not being fair, if she charges everyone $65. If you bought the relaxer she could at least knock down the charge by the cost of the relaxer.

I agree, she should have. However most of the time they dont. Just like the Dominican Salon i go to, I always bring my own conditioner and products. But they dont deduct the price of anything...Thats stylists alright:ohwell:

Lorraine

*Dee* said:
she should have deducted the price of the relaxer off of what she charged you....stylists, they can be something else sometimes :naughty:

She should reduce the price...you are bringing the relaxer.
You need to ask her next time before she start your hair. If she don't drop the price I would leave.

The lady I used to go to said that she doesnt reduce the price even when people bring their own products because it still takes her the same amount of time to do their hair. But then on the other hand, if she had to use too much relaxer on my touch up, she would charge me for a virgin because of all the relaxer she had to use. It makes no sense. You should bring it up to her and see what she says.

What's even more crazier is she charges $60 for a regular and $65 for a sensitive scalp formula. I saw the same box she uses which is the QP no-lye sensitive scalp box that contains 4 jars in the BSS for 19.00. I'm going to change her because she never gives you a deep conditioner unless you ask. Even then she says she doesn't have any! She never deep conditions after a relaxer. SHe says it reverts the relaxer.

In this situation you needed to speak up when you made the hair appointment. While it would have been nice if the stylist at least offered, people don't usually give up money unless they have to.

I would call her well in advance of your next touch up and let her know that she should have the brand of relaxer you need when you get there. If she doesn't want do that or drop the price (give her a choice) then you need to make a decision as to whether you want to continue a business relationship with her.

I asked her and she said she doesn't deduct. She works at another salon that accepts major credit cards. She doesn't like her clients from the other to come there. She says she wants to get all her money up front. How are you going to stop someone from going to this salon, just because you wnat cash up front!

speak up!!! i pay £20 (around $40) when i take my own relaxer to my stylist, she does exactly what i say, and even gives me the low down on all the gossip. she encourages me to grow my haior "like those American girls"...

u need a stylist just like mine, find a nice person who u can talk to, who will value your custom!! family friend? old stylist that was good from the past?? recommendations?? KEEP LOOKING cuz she is OUT OF ORDER

Back