is it bad?!

sweetsuccess

to wash your hair two days in a row? i have thick thick coarse hair.. n i understand african americans arent suppose to wash their hair more than twice a week as far as shedding is concerned because washing it too much can dry it out. i like to wash my hair as soon as i dont like the texture or i feel that its too oily.. is that bad? if so... let me know what i should do? whats the proper waay? for instance,

i washed it yesterday... with mizani purify(as my clarify) ... then as my moisterizing shampoo i used sunsilk hydra tilc shampoo and conditioner.. then a deep conditioner(joico kpak reconstructer)... and did a rollerset with a horrible flat iron job (my hair was soooooooooooo thick)... so today i went to the dominican salon..n they washed my hair .. (i hate wen they wash it numerous times.. wen its not even dirty).. n i felt as if they stripped my hair of life... it was horrible. was that too much stress on my hair?:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

to wash your hair two days in a row? i have thick thick coarse hair.. n i understand african americans arent suppose to wash their hair more than twice a week as far as shedding is concerned because washing it too much can dry it out. i like to wash my hair as soon as i dont like the texture or i feel that its too oily.. is that bad? if so... let me know what i should do? whats the proper waay? for instance,

i washed it yesterday... with mizani purify(as my clarify) ... then as my moisterizing shampoo i used sunsilk hydra tilc shampoo and conditioner.. then a deep conditioner(joico kpak reconstructer)... and did a rollerset with a horrible flat iron job (my hair was soooooooooooo thick)... so today i went to the dominican salon..n they washed my hair .. (i hate wen they wash it numerous times.. wen its not even dirty).. n i felt as if they stripped my hair of life... it was horrible. was that too much stress on my hair?:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

i see you're a newbie, so you might not have seen the billions of threads about the benefits of frequent washing.

the bolded isn't true at all. how can putting moisture (water) on your hair possibly dry it out? its the shampoos that dry it out. check the ingredients of your shampoos, and consider replacing them if they contain sulfates.

It's perfectly okay to wash your hair again. About the bolded, that's only a myth.
The main thing to consider when using shampoo (and this applies to hair of all races) you may want to dilute it with if it has sodium laureth sulfate (SLS) in it or condition wash your hair, as many ladies here do. It's the SLS in the shampoo that is drying on hair. You can also use a 100% natural shampoo. :)

:nono: I will wash my hair 5x in a row if I feel the need. Just like the other ladies said, its the harsh shampoos that will dry you out. Dilute poos, cowash, DC and moisturize...your hair will be fine.

n i understand african americans arent suppose to wash their hair more than twice a week as far as shedding is concerned because washing it too much can dry it out.

i washed it yesterday... with mizani purify(as my clarify) ... then as my moisterizing shampoo i used sunsilk hydra tilc shampoo and conditioner.. then a deep conditioner(joico kpak reconstructer)... and did a rollerset with a horrible flat iron job (my hair was soooooooooooo thick)...

as others said, the bolded part is a debunked myth on this site. we wash our hair when we feel like it! especially if we wash with conditioner instead of shampoo, which is what i do. :yep:

my question is, why did you feel you needed to clarify and then shampoo on top of that? i think that pushed your hair towards being dry even though you deep conditioned afterwards... you overcleaned your hair. then you had it washed again the next day, probably with another SLS-laden shampoo.

I was my hair daily to every other day and my hair loves it. I just wanted to let you know to feel free to speak up at the salon. If you don't want them to wash your hair or you know you washed it the day before tell them. It's your hair and money.

i agree with the ladies here. dry hair is attributed to harsh shampoos with sulfates, not washing everyday. i co-wash just about everyday and haven't had a problem. i've also been trying a cone-free regimen as non water soluble cones can build up on your hair forcing you to clarify more than necessary (although not the case for everyone). bottom line, check ingredients!

Back