is it bad?

shtow

Is it bad to use essential oils when you flat iron? I have always tried to avoid it b/c I thought its bad for your hair. The product in my siggy has essential oils and I would like to know if its ok to use (along with fanstasia IC of course) while I flat Iron.

TIA

I never knew it was bad :nono: I just started using my essential oils again this week. I applied Jasmine to my scalp and a little lemongrass oil to my length (only a few drops) and I flat ironed my roots last night to blend with a straight 1/2 wig and it worked fine.

even natural oils in hair can sizzle and fry your hair......Only thing that should be in your hair when flat ironing is a leave-in and a heat protector....Add your oils when your done.....

I think if it works for you it works for you.

Some oils have a high boiling point-- some you should never flat iron with them on your hair because they have a low boiling point.

I use a serum that has coconut oil in it before I flatiron, I have used one with Olive Oil too. No problem. It is only a problem if you use too much or on too high heat.

Don't go crazy with the heat unless your hair is covered in silicones to combat it.:nono:

So that stuff in your siggy is a heat protectant?

even natural oils in hair can sizzle and fry your hair......Only thing that should be in your hair when flat ironing is a leave-in and a heat protector....Add your oils when your done.....

Thats what I thought and always did. Glad I was doing something right. Thanks

I think if it works for you it works for you.

Some oils have a high boiling point-- some you should never flat iron with them on your hair because they have a low boiling point.

I use a serum that has coconut oil in it before I flatiron, I have used one with Olive Oil too. No problem. It is only a problem if you use too much or on too high heat.

Don't go crazy with the heat unless your hair is covered in silicones to combat it.:nono:

So that stuff in your siggy is a heat protectant?

No, its a moisturizer. I was asking because last night I flat ironed with humectress (very small amount) and IC polisher and it came out great. I love my moisturizer so much I figured it would come out even better using that. I always use a heat protectant, even if it's on top of something, like the humectress.

You're frying your hair. Don't do it. :nono: You can lightly apply your oil when you're done styling.

what if its only a wittle dash of Coconut oil as a leave in before I blowdry?:perplexed:lachen::::cluches bottle and backs away:::

Yea I do have to admit when I used that Olive Oil serum with my CHI there was a distinct cooking smell and I instantly got hungry... Thats probably why I only used it once.

what about aloe? The stuff I have now has aloe vera in it (because the olive oil stuff was funky and smelled like food) instead and its close to the bottom of the list. It got my hair straight and its shiny and its moisturized, but I was wondering if Aloe Vera burns like oil. :ohwell:

Back