Is it bad to go to a dominican salon every two weeks if

zoj2

You only get the roots blown out? I've been going to a dominican salon every two weeks for the past two months and my hair is flourishing but I am afraid that down the road it might be deterimental. Anyone here have no problems going to a dominican salon every two weeks?

Well isnt that what Macherieamor does to her own hair? I knwo Ive seen a few threads praising her hair around here so I guess it works for some people.

I always went to the Dominican salon to have a wash and set then roots blown out, my hair is fairly long.
Just make sure you have them apply a good leave in conditioner.

In addition, Macherieamour does the same thing and her hair is very long and thick. The only difference is that she does it herself.

i think kinikakes (lurrvveee her!) does this once a week, sets and blows out roots. not sure if she does it at the dominican salon, but her hair is bangin and almost to her arse!

i think kinikakes (lurrvveee her!) does this once a week, sets and blows out roots. not sure if she does it at the dominican salon, but her hair is bangin and almost to her arse!

Hehehehe!!!! @ almost to my arse. You flatter me!!! :blush:

But yes, i do go once a week to get the roots only blown out. Although it is direct heat, i havent found it damaging in the least. My roots are the strongest part of my hair, and getting just that roller dent blown out hasnt had any detrimental effects. Now getting the entire length blown out.... that's a different story! When i used to go several years ago i would get the whole thing blown out..... my hair was so dry and brittle and damaged from that!!!! I eventually wisened up and opted for only the roots, and my hair has thrived ever since.

Good luck! :)

Hehehehe!!!! @ almost to my arse. You flatter me!!! :blush:

But yes, i do go once a week to get the roots only blown out. Although it is direct heat, i havent found it damaging in the least. My roots are the strongest part of my hair, and getting just that roller dent blown out hasnt had any detrimental effects. Now getting the entire length blown out.... that's a different story! When i used to go several years ago i would get the whole thing blown out..... my hair was so dry and brittle and damaged from that!!!! I eventually wisened up and opted for only the roots, and my hair has thrived ever since.

Good luck! :)
I have a question if you dont mind...

Do you do this because your hair isnt relaxed bone straight or does washing or water contact makes it revert some?

I think it depends on your hair and the salon. Some hair can't handle it and some stylist are more gentle than others. Personally, I don't think my hair can handle it, even though there is a good Dominican salon here who cares about hair. I'd say you have to assess your hair to see if it likes it. This may mean going to the dominican salon for a while to see how your hair react to it.

I think it depends on your hair and the salon. Some hair can't handle it and some stylist are more gentle than others. Personally, I don't think my hair can handle it, even though there is a good Dominican salon here who cares about hair. I'd say you have to assess your hair to see if it likes it. This may mean going to the dominican salon for a while to see how your hair react to it.

I think this is good advice. I've never had any problem going every two weeks, or every week for that matter. Sometimes I would get the roots, and other times I would get my whole head blown out for weeks and weeks at a time, with no problem. But, a friend of mine, went to the same stylist, and it damaged her hair. Also, there are some Dominican stylists that I've gone to that I know for a fact if they did my hair on a regular basis, my hair would be a mess, because of the way they handled it.

I go every week and get the roots blown out. No damage here. In fact, my hair has gotten much thicker and stronger since I no longer get a full blowout. Every two weeks should be fine!

I am exploring different options to try and strech my relaxers and after reading a thread about a dominican salon in DC that seems to be pretty good, I might give it a try.

My questions:

Do they typically detangle your hair with a fine-toothed comb when roller-setting?

Do you notice that you loose alot of hair when they are blowing out your roots?

What products should you/do you use to maintain the silkiness and body once leaving the salon?

For those who go every two weeks, do you wash your own hair in between this time and if so, do your roots seem straighter or do they automatically revert completely back?

Sorry for all the questions. I am convinced that these salons are doing something right because all of the people I know personally who go on a regular basis have really long, healthy looking hair.

I go every week and get the roots blown out. No damage here. In fact, my hair has gotten much thicker and stronger since I no longer get a full blowout. Every two weeks should be fine!

I notice that too:yep:. I get my roots blown out once a month to see how progress...i used to do it every week for like a month then i cut down on every two weeks which was okay. I only stop because i would be burning up in that heat plus the 93temp. outside...other than that it should be fine.

Back