Is he really interested? Should I make the next move?

As much as I say not to approach dudes, I think it wouldn't hurt for you to say, "Hey, when you get to MD this summer, give me a call when you get a chance and maybe we can get together."

Then do nothing. That will be his opening, and he can walk through the door if he wants. :)

Also, I might have answered his question about love interests slightly differently... I would have said what you said, but then added, "However, I'm open to the idea if the right one comes along!"

And then leave it at that. I think it's fine to give guys openings, and it doesn't sound like you're doing any chasing at all, so that's good.

If they don't take the opening, then you should just move on. :)

Cute. i think you should wait for him to make the next move. He should pursue you, it is better in the long run. If you make the next move he may or may not respond in your favor and then you will be mentally abusing yourself with "I wonder if he likes me. I thought he like me. Maybe he don't like me. But if he like me how come if he has not call? and etc." In the meanwhile, do not close yourself to other guys and be open to dating other men.

If you have another convo, find a way to let him know you will have some free time this summer and see if he takes the opening to bring up a meeting OR just ask him if he'd like to grab some coffee one day when he comes to MD..keep it casual.

I don't think it's being too forward b/c he's not someone you come into contact with on a regular basis. If anything, he wants to be your friend if not more...I don't think you have anything to lose.

Last edited:
As much as I say not to approach dudes, I think it wouldn't hurt for you to say, "Hey, when you get to MD this summer, give me a call when you get a chance and maybe we can get together."

Then do nothing. That will be his opening, and he can walk through the door if he wants. :)

Also, I might have answered his question about love interests slightly differently... I would have said what you said, but then added, "However, I'm open to the idea if the right one comes along!"

And then leave it at that. I think it's fine to give guys openings, and it doesn't sound like you're doing any chasing at all, so that's good.

If they don't take the opening, then you should just move on.
:)

ITA :grin:.

co-signing with bunny 77. the opener is great but definitely let him approach you and that's it. it sounds like he's interested. :)

Some men will not make a move if they feel in any way that they might be rejected.

He might be holding back a little because he hasn't gotten any reassurance that you are even interested.

If you are indeed interested, you don't have to pour your heart out to him, but I do think you have to give him at least a hint.

If you have another convo, find a way to let him know you will have some free time this summer and see if he takes the opening to bring up a meeting OR just ask him if he'd like to grab some coffee one day when he comes to MD..keep it casual.

I don't think it's being too forward b/c he's not someone you come into contact with on a regular basis. If anything, he wants to be your friend if not more...I don't think you have anything to lose.

ITAAA! Keep it casual. There's nothing wrong with two old high school friends getting together for coffee or lunch. Even if it doesn't pan out as a relationship, there is still value there for a friendship. Just remember to allow him to pursue a relationship with you. But you can show him you are open to visiting with him casually. I think this is a sweet story. He seems to be genuinely interested in you. Maybe when you two have coffee, the sparks will fly!

Some men will not make a move if they feel in any way that they might be rejected.

He might be holding back a little because he hasn't gotten any reassurance that you are even interested.

If you are indeed interested, you don't have to pour your heart out to him, but I do think you have to give him at least a hint.

I came in here LOOKING for answers, not really to provide one, LOL!! But I agree with Bunny and Xavier.

Give him an opening. Men are afraid of rejection to. He was feeling you out, testing the waters. Let him know that it's okay to approach you (without saying it hehe).

ITA with the bolded. That is what I was thinking too.

Back