Is hair rubbing against your skin O.K or not ?

Hair Iam

Just wondering if when your wearing your hair down and its just rubbing against your skin, is this ok ? Is it only cotton or synthetics that are the culprit:perplexed? Thanks for your opinions in advance.:grin:

That's a good question. IMO, i like wearing protective styles because i don't want my hair rubbing against anything. If your hair is really long, you have a getter chance at getting the hair snagged or caught on sometime somewhere along the lines. My hair only rubs against my skin when i am naked:LOL:.

Skin is ok. You want to avoid fabrics that tear/snag your hair or where your hair can get caught in the fabric weave and break off as it pulls away. Cathy Howse says if your hair is moisturized it doesnt matter, as your hair wont get caught, (if I recall correctly, its been a long time since I've read her book). but I figure better safe than sorry. Right now its not an issue for me tho. :( I need more hair!!!!

LOL, I had this same thought the other day but I was too embarrassed to ask.

I'm actually so protective of my hair right now that I don't really even want it touching air.

I may just vacuum seal it and wear plastic over my head for the next year. :grin:

Back