Is FOTKI useless or what??????!!!!

fivetimestwo

I was over at Fotki earlier just about to add another album and when I got to the password field, lo and behold it's unavailable to non-premium users. Sheesh! I know they have been slowly taking away feature for non-premium members, but dang! I didn't think the password protection would be something to take away.

I guess there's not much of a point in having a FOTKI album anymore. The economy is too bad for me to spend money trying to show people how long it took to get rid of my mommy apron. :lachen:

Rant over.

I have the membership but I am not sure I will keep it when it is up. I was looking into creating a blog but need the dummies book for beginning bloggers so I can get it started.

YEP so i am only going to up date 2x a year lol i think if you have one lock you can put pic in? but cant use pass word lol i am looking around for some thing free too for pic.

I went ahead and paid the fee. It works out to about a little over $2.00/month. With this economy I'm surprised anything is still free. I use photobucket too which is free for now.

Yeah, I deleted my old fotki & I wanted to do a new one, but I'm not paying $30 for something that should really be less expensive (or free, but hey! they do have to make money).

When I get around to doing updates, I'm going to use Google Picassa. They don't have password-protection, but you can make it semi-private.

I just got this idea - considering all the changes and restrictions being introduced on fotki.

A Hair/Beauty "specific" Photo hosting website just for US? I'll be happy to volunteer to start working on something if any of us are interested in such a project.

What specific features would be nice to have on there if we were to build such a site? Please share your thoughts.

I know Privacy has always been one of the Biggies for most of us.

I just started a thread here for us to share our opinions: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=356589

Last edited:
Back