Is anyone growing their hair to

Great thread.
smile.gif
My goal is to grow my hair to terminal length. When I was a teen, I could almost sit on it. It was usually waist length. Now I am just at bra strap, and I seem to be stuck.
frown.gif

i wanted to grow it to butt length, but i also think i may have reached my limit since it's been basically the same length for probably six months now...
ohwell.gif

Me,me, me!!!! I want to let it grow as long as possible too. I don't know how long that will be, but I'd realy love at least waist length hair, but of course I'll settle for mid-back or whatever it's potential is. It doesn't seem to be growing like it was at the moment, strange, b.c. I'm pregnant. Maybe it's in the resting phase? Or maybe b.c it's another boy? I don't know? Sorry to be hijacking his thread and rambling on! Does it ever sem like forever to anyone else that you're going to see some real progress?

Hi ladies,

I will love to join this challenge. Everytime my hair reaches a healthy state something goes wrong, mainly short pieces between. At this very minute my hair is chin length with short pieces in the back(middle) the length of 1 inch about 4 cm wide( braidwise like 2 rows). My first goal is for the short pieces to catch up with the restof my hair and then to grow hair a little past shoulder length. I hope u guys can help me or give some hair support(tips and advice) during this battle. How do I join this challenge exactly? This is my first time ever joining a challenge. Plz help??

I'm not sure what my terminal length is, but my goal for now is bra-strap length, so I'm going to focus on that! I've got 3 inches to go and I'm pretty sure I'll get there soon. However, to think that it could get longer than that is a beautiful thought!!

I'm curious how long mine could grow, but I think elbow, waist, or tailbone is enough for me. Once I reach one of those lengths, and if I'm happy, I'll start doing hefty trims, until my ends are super thick.

Like Hairlove, I haven't texturized in almost a year (9months), so I'm eager to get back to one texture.

im actually going to cut mine once it reaches 2 or3 onches from waist lenght. id like my hair to be that 2 inches from waist all one lenght. i dont really like hair longer than that on myself.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
terminal length? Terminal length is the maxium length of hair your body is programmed to grow.

My goal is classic/tailbone length (on me, that's 33 inches).

Is anyone else willing to see just how long their hair can grow?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm here for! I do have a goal, but that goal is based on the longest I think my hair will ever get anyway (mid-back, ie, a few inches past bra-strap and a few inches from waist)... if I'm even that lucky.

The longest my hair has ever been is bra-strap, so realistically, I don't expect much more than that...

Iain't afraid to say it! I'm going for classic tailbone length. It seems a little overwhelming but I know if I work hard enough, it'll happen.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
terminal length? Terminal length is the maxium length of hair your body is programmed to grow.

My goal is classic/tailbone length (on me, that's 33 inches).

Is anyone else willing to see just how long their hair can grow?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I want to stop at maybe a few inches below brastrap, and just maintain that length with healthy ends.
smile.gif
Anything longer than that is too much work, I think... and I don't like the look of waist length & longer hair. You can't really style it... and I'm ALL about styling!!
grin.gif

My hair is just below waist length (since my last trim was in January). This is pretty much the longest I ever let it get. I pretty much like it being waist length the most.

My ult goal is tailbone, but I'm not sure how to firgure out my terminal length, I'll just let it grow as long as it wants.

How do u know what your terminal length is? I want my hair to grow to my brastrap or waist but not past my waist. I felt like over the years my terminal growth was shoulder length but that was maybe because I wore my hair down all the time and used curling irons all the time. So that means it was coming into contact with my clothes so the ends would probably shed/break without me even knowing
ohwell.gif

If you're healthy and take good care of your hair (whatever that may be for the individual), the only way to determine your terminal length is to let it grow until it doesn't get any longer.

I would like to see how long my hair can grow. Plus I would like to maintain a healthy hair. Even if I can't grow my hair to a length I would like, I would really be happy if I can keep it all when I reach old age.

I would be very happy with a couple of inches below bra strap but hey, if it wants to keep growing, say, to my elbows then who am I to deny it! (chugging vitamins)

Back