Is anyone following the OCT directions?

charmtreese

Is anyone using OCT as directed per the instructions on the bottle, with success! Maybe Im not creative enough, but I cannot figure out how to use this stuff in such a way that I do not have to walk around with extra product on my scalp. So far I've been using it per the instructions, but I only wash my hair twice a week. Therefore, Im not sure if it's going to be effective for me or not.

But then this gets me to thinking about Cathy Howse, and her method of protein at every wash...and maybe the OCT will work with just twice a week washings, applying from root to tip and letting it sit for 5-10 mnutes one wash and an hour or more the next followed up with a moisturizing treatment.

Maybe I should throw in one scalp massage a week with it as well.... IDK! :perplexed

I did and still do for the most part. I either do it as directed or I apply it to my scalp before I wash and coat the rest of my dry hair with moisturizing conditioner. I slap a plastic cap on and let all of that marinate for atleast an hour. Then I shampoo out and do my thing as usual.

Oh, you do gym!!!! That's great, how long did it take you to see results using it this way? How many times a week are you using it?

Is anyone using OCT as directed per the instructions on the bottle, with success! Maybe Im not creative enough, but I cannot figure out how to use this stuff in such a way that I do not have to walk around with extra product on my scalp. So far I've been using it per the instructions, but I only wash my hair twice a week. Therefore, Im not sure if it's going to be effective for me or not.

But then this gets me to thinking about Cathy Howse, and her method of protein at every wash...and maybe the OCT will work with just twice a week washings, applying from root to tip and letting it sit for 5-10 mnutes one wash and an hour or more the next followed up with a moisturizing treatment.

Maybe I should throw in one scalp massage a week with it as well.... IDK! :perplexed
:wave: Hi Charmtresse.

Stay with the directions. You will still see wonderful results. :yep: I've used the entire OCT system since February and even though I've added and subtracted, altered my use of it, this is all based upon experimentation of using as many hair growth aids that we can for quicker results.

Now, all that being said....... stay with the directions and adjust your use of the product as you feel comfortable with.............should you decide to do so.

You know by now, that this is a forum full of adventourous chemists. :lol:

ETA: I do advise that you take Garlic capsules each day and to give yourself a deep conditioning treatment once a week with a Garlic/Oil mix or use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioning Creme

It smells divine; very softly scented and wonderful to prevent/stop hair shedding.

Last edited:
I saw changes in how my hair grew in about a month. My texture is different. I noticed darker hair in about 3 weeks.

Wow, that fast!!!!:blush:

Your texture is different as in thicker???? I read your thread on if you should relax or not...so, your NG is coming in less curly?

:wave: Hi Charmtresse.

Stay with the directions. You will still see wonderful results. :yep: I've used the entire OCT system since February and even though I've added and subtracted, altered my use of it, this is all based upon experimentation of using as many hair growth aids that we can for quicker results.

Now, all that being said....... stay with the directions and adjust your use of the product as you feel comfortable with.............should you decide to do so.

You know by now, that this is a forum full of adventourous chemists. :lol:

ETA: I do advise that you take Garlic capsules each day and to give yourself a deep conditioning treatment once a week with a Garlic/Oil mix or use Alter Ego Garlic Conditioning Creme

It smells divine; very softly scented and wonderful to prevent/stop hair shedding.

Okay...good to know. Im going to keep with what Im doing!!! I've read your other post, so I have my garlic capsules...I need garlic oil as well?

Back