Is anybody still using Minoval?

MayaB12

Is anybody still using Minoval? I ordered some last week. I’m trying to fix my hair line & edges that were damaged by years wearing braids and weaves. Has anybody had any recent success with Minoval?

Last edited:
Be careful with this. My cousin was using this for her edges too...but she started growing side burns and hair on her cheeks. She stopped immediately after she was called a werewolf at a family party. Her edges didn't seem to benefit from it too much either.

Werewolf ???? hair on her cheeks??? Thank you sooooo much for telling me this. I won't use it - I want my hairline back but the thought of being called a Werewolf is too much for me. Thank you again.

I used Minoval from January to May and had tremendous growth with it. I am taking a break now until December, just because I like to experiment with different growth aids and like to idea of rotating them. I think it is very good product. But it is true that you may give you more hair at places you might not like: my airline was extremely filled and even I would say that the small hairs were getting so long, that yes I was a bit concerned that they might even touch my eyebrows if you see what I mean. And I also grew some very light hair ( would you say duvet ?? Pardon my english) on the jaws, but really nothing alarming, I was the only one to notice it. To me it is a great product.

So if you stop using it, do you lose the hair again? ANd what were you using, the drops, lotion or what?

Last edited:
Brighteyes35 said:
So if you stop using it, do you lose the hair again? ANd what were you using, the drops, lotion or what?

From what I've read, if you use it your hair will fill in. But if it was just naturally thinning vs traction alopecia or something, it will thin out again. On the other hand only one person out of all the folks who commented on the various thread I looked at said her hair thinned out again and she noted that she only used it for a month. Everyone whose hair didn't thin out used it for at least two months I think. One or two other people said it irritated their scalps though. A common consensus is to also follow application with some kind of oil (castor oil was most popular)

I used it in December and January. I received about a 1/4 more inch that I usually got. I stopped using it because I can't get anyone to ship it to me and I refuse to pay Amazon all that $$$. I will return to using it when I get home. I usually get almost 1/2 inch a month. With Minoval I almost received 3/4 inch. I have to admit I didn't notice it in December but I definitely noticed the growth at the end of January. I know it is Minoval and not anything else. I ranned out of the product and I barely got my 1/2 inch for February. I will be definitely using this product again.

yodie said:
I lost every strand that I gained with Minoval.

Wow I'm sorry about that yodie...how long did you use it for and what was your reggie during and after using it? My doctor told me to use a minoxidil product but she didn't say the hair might drop back out :(

Well well after a year and some months a new reply to this thread. I bought Minoval today and will start using it tomorrow. I will be using it on my edges and a single plait as my hair is in small plaits now. I really hope to get accelerated growth from it and thats the reason i bought it. I will use it for the next 5 months if works for me. Only time will tell.

Going on a mini personal challenge with this minoval product.

Back