IS ANYBODY STILL USING COCONUT MILK AND LIME???

JuicesN'Berries

Hello I just wanted to know if anybody was still using this mixture to straighten there hair I plan on trying it when I take out my braids. Thanks in advance.

JuicesN'Berries said:
Hello I just wanted to know if anybody was still using this mixture to straighten there hair I plan on trying it when I take out my braids. Thanks in advance.

Yep, I still use it. Not often thought... I mostly use it before I flat iron.

I used it once and it made my NG soft, then was going to wait until I had more NG, I just realized how long its been! Maybe it will work on my edges... Ill do it next time I wash... Hopefully it will work on my edges, because the rest of my hair (minus the kitchen) isnt giving me any trouble.

I still use it but not as often. I plan on using it the next time I blow dry and flat iron.

I'm natural and it does loosen my curl.

Thanks ladies I am planning on doing this soon...I am natural and I want it to loosen up my curl so it will be closer to my heat damaged hair in the front....

Anybody else still using this??

Yup, I'm still using it - I use it every three months, mixed with henna as part of my 'usual' regimen. I find spacing it there gives me just the right amount of consistent 'looseness' without making my hair straight, or overdosing on protien and making my hair brittle.

I am restarting using it starting this week. It's been the best help while I'm stretching relaxers. Hopefully I'll make it to stretch until at least Oct/Nov.

I've been playing with the mix/time on my hair and have had some good results. I've done it probably um, six times or so by now.

Hello, I think you use a tall glass full of coconut milk and the juice of one lime let it sit overnight until the mixture is has a creamy consistency...then you apply it like a relaxer. Leave it on for an hour than rinse. I heard you should do it frequently to get good results....

Hope this helps. I still haven't tried it yet.

Here's what I use:

1 can coconut milk
1 smallish lime
some cheapy con
Few tablespoons of Lekair Cholesterol con
Few squirts of whatever oil I have handy
~

I will mix this up in a big plastic cup. Generally for more straightening I use a whole lime instead of half, your mileage may vary, I saturate my hair then drain it until it's not drippy.

Then I cut a grocery bag open, tie it around my head and put a knit cap on to keep it from moving. I'll leave the mix on for hours usually. Then shampoo w/gentle shampoo DC and I'm good to go.

I've also found that adding an egg to the mix results in more strength but a need for more moisture for me.

Back