Is a blow dryer just a blowdryer?

I need to text my hairdresser and ask what kind she uses. When she blows my hair out its much softer than my air dried hair. Healthy hair practices huh :perplexed:

So my dryer is ceramic and ionic and tourmaline, but it is only 1875 watts. Do you all think it should be ok anyway or do I need 2000+ watts? I don't use it often, but when I do I want it to be good.

So my dryer is ceramic and ionic and tourmaline, but it is only 1875 watts. Do you all think it should be ok anyway or do I need 2000+ watts? I don't use it often, but when I do I want it to be good.

My dryer is also 1875. That is the standard with the watts so that should suffice. What brand is it? Also, do you have air nozzles?

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

My dryer is also 1875. That is the standard with the watts so that should suffice. What brand is it? Also, do you have air nozzles?

Sent from Cat's iPhone using LHCF

It's a cheap (~$35) ConAir I found at Walmart. It has the concentrator nozzle plus a diffuser.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a BaByliss pro portofino dryer (2000 watts) from Marshalls, and I love it. It dries my hair so much faster than my conair or my Revlon. It's also shinier and smoother than normal. It also doesn't feel dry like it normally does when I finish drying it, and it doesn't sound like it's breaking every time I comb it. So I am very glad I took a chance and purchased it. I'm just mad that they only had the leopard one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7JA72U/ref=twister_B0075KYH3Y

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

I prefer stylers to blowdryers (for control/handling). I have a chi rocket that I have used a few times that is in A+ condition.

I will probably be selling it soon in the exchange section.

I prefer stylers to blowdryers (for control/handling). I have a chi rocket that I have used a few times that is in A+ condition.

I will probably be selling it soon in the exchange section.

yaya24 What exactly is a styler and/or how is it different from a blowdryer?

Dayjoy

I just find it easier to blow dry my hair with a styler vs a blowdryer. More control with the handle, and I get the results I am looking for.

My styler looks like this:

31oJ2%2BMFcaL.jpg

I've seen them look similar to this:

http://s2.folica.com/img/product/0/000438/product-detail/andis-ceramic-styler-278x278.jpg

What is a good blow dryer with a comb attachment for some on with short hair? Like above SL? I want to use the comb part for length checks. But my hair stays wet for hours. I need so.ethics g I can just blow dry with a regular nozzle. My hair is super thick.

This is an interesting thread. I just replaced my blow dryer with the Sally's Gold'n'Hot, and while I was in the store, I asked myself the same question as the OP. I rarely blow dry my hair, so I didn't figure I needed to spend a lot of money on one.

So, does everyone who has the better ionic/ceramic/tourmaline dryer use the comb attachment? I only blow dry my hair when I flat iron and length check 3 times a year, and I don't use the comb attachment as it really pulls and breaks my hair. But, I also get less than stellar results, my hair feels really dry after blow drying...

@Dayjoy

I just find it easier to blow dry my hair with a styler vs a blowdryer. More control with the handle, and I get the results I am looking for.

My styler looks like this:

31oJ2%2BMFcaL.jpg

I've seen them look similar to this:

http://s2.folica.com/img/product/0/000438/product-detail/andis-ceramic-styler-278x278.jpg

I have this and I LOVE it! I'm on my 2nd one (I ruined the first one experimenting with pure garlic oil in my hair and then blow drying after. Could never get that nasty smell out of it.) I've had it for years and it gets my natural 4b roots and ends pretty straight so that if I choose to flat iron after it's a breeze. I use it regularly. I also have the FHI Nano Pro 2000 dryer but I prefer my Conair. It's just easier for me to handle therefore yielding better results. My hair feels soft and smooth and not parched like tumble weed.

Adding my recent review:

Elchim Healthy Ionic Blow Dryer

At first I was concerned I was buying into hype but this blow dryer delivers. It has 3 heat settings, 3 speed settings, and a cool blast button. I used medium heat and high speed today. The heat felt more like a medium low but my hair dried quite nicely. The flow of air is consistent and not once did I see or smell smoke. When I was done my hair was incredibly soft. Softer than the last time I blow dried with my old blow dryer. Hard to explain but usually when I tension blow dry my hair feels like I need to moisturize and seal to bring the moisture back even though I'm extremely careful. Not today. It was pricey but well worth the investment. Products I used (that I always use) with it: it's a 10 leave in and Redkin Satinwear blow dry lotion.

Back