Irritated Sensation On Scalp From Braids

Lute

Well, I did have the oportunitiy to have my hair twisted with my own hair two weeks ago.. but this past sunday. I got my hair done with cornrows. with synthetic hair.

It was tight but then it loosened up. But I noticed a strange sensation I never had before. My scalp feels somewhat irritated/ stingy .and i feel it tingling all over. I'm not sure what it is.

I spoke to my bf..and he told me..because I wore my braids for long..and stopped wearing for them one week.

and then putting them back on. My body isnt reacting to it so well. Because adding extenstions is "foregin" to your body and it has to get used to...

I'm not sure what to do now. I did reschedule my hair appointment to a cool stylist.. but that wont be until next sunday..

What should I do. I was thinking about washing my hair out with peppermint shampoo to see if that wooth soothe my scalp.

Any suggestions would be greatly welcomed.

It could be the hair. This why I can't do braids. The chemicals on the hair can be irritating. Next time, you can try soaking the hair with some water and ACV and washing it before you get it braided.

It could be the hair. This why I can't do braids. The chemicals on the hair can be irritating. Next time, you can try soaking the hair with some water and ACV and washing it before you get it braided.

^^co-signing. I had experienced irritation with a particular brand of synthetic hair. The next time I used Kanekalon with no irritation.

Back