Bug iPhone App Problem

Ladies,

As I suspected there was a glitch with the mobile app notifications. According to the developers:

Due to issues with Push Notifications on Android devices, we have disabled them at this time. We will get them updated and re-enabled as soon as possible. We're working on switching the push notifications to a more reliable and faster service which will alleviate the past problems. Work on this issue is currently ongoing. We will provide more information when available.

So for the time being, no notifications unfortunately but that one I believe is better than getting a ton of them and all false.

I will keep you updated on the status of this.

SmileyNY this is an error we cannot do much about unfortunately.

The developers and I have done a lot of debugging in order to get to the root of this and we found what was going on.

Your phone uses its network to "ask" the forum for content. This can be the forum listing, threads, topics anything really.

Now if this communication has a delay and your phone hasn't had the chance to send the correct amount of data to the forum, the web server of the forum will sever the connection. Your phone application then in turn will report what you are seeing.

Our timeout was 120 seconds and we have increased it to 240 which corrected most of the mobile app issues but apparently not yours. For some reason there is a delay from your phone to your mobile network, internet, and the forum server. That is one part of the communication between your mobile device and the forum that we don't have control of.

A suggestion would be to install the Forum Runner application and try to see if the application persists. The only caveat is that you won't be able to "thank you" from that application.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you so much!! The app runner application is great! It runs smoothly & I can also thank posts! I'm very happy with this download :grin:

Back