Ion Hair Dryer

Ok, I'm a hair junkie and I had a relapse yesterday:lol: I went to the BSS and saw this ION hair dryer, but the hood was not hard it was one of those silver hoods that deflates when you turn the dryer unit off. It's so amazing, so you know I had to buy it. I did my normal hair routine and sat under it for about 30 mins with magnetic rollers. Now the box does say that it cuts drying time and helps with moisturizing. They ain't kiddin, it literally cut my drying time in half, I'm usually under the dryer for at least an hour and my hair is in a short bob, not touching my neck yet, so ya'll already know I have some thick hair and not to mention I haven't had a relaxer in 6 weeks:grin: I really do like this dryer, the bonnet is soft and the best thing of all it's portable. Here's the link

http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/1630/303284

I have one and the thing is great. The only thing is make sure you don't remove the hood from the motor after you dry your hair, until after it has completely cooled. I made this mistake the other day after deep conditioning and at the base where the elastic band is, it tore. But all is well it ripped just above the band betweent he band and the flat part, so air doesn't escape when it inflates. Now I just need to fold the band up so the air don't escape from the top of the motor. It's alll good in tha hood tho'!!

I have to say it is the best investment I have made as for hair stuff.

137401882.jpg

You know I saw this and thought it only was for deep conditioning. I dont know I didnt think it would dry a roller set. Thanks for the review.

TSU if you come in here, is this the one you have??

I don't have that particular one. Mine has a flat base and a hose that attaches to the bag type hood. It fits on my head like a shower cap...just bigger and it inflates like a balloon when the dryer is turned on. I really like it because they heat is kept on your hair and not the rest of your face and neck. I went and bought a hooded dryer because I wasn't sure my regular dryer would work when I was doing protein treatments. This one looks cool. Has anyone used it during treatments?

I have one. It gets really hot--especially around the neck where it hangs down in the front. I like it, but I wish the design was little more practical.

Lucky you. I have been looking everywhere for this dryer. I have the hard top and it is great but I want the bonnet so that I can do my homework at the computer while drying my hair. I went to sally's and they said that they are suppose to be discontinued and that they haven't had the ion soft bonnet dryer in months.

cheri_flava74 said:
Lucky you. I have been looking everywhere for this dryer. I have the hard top and it is great but I want the bonnet so that I can do my homework at the computer while drying my hair. I went to sally's and they said that they are suppose to be discontinued and that they haven't had the ion soft bonnet dryer in months.

How can it be discontinued and Sally's has been selling them like crazy?? What??

jadestar said:
I have one. It gets really hot--especially around the neck where it hangs down in the front. I like it, but I wish the design was little more practical.

Yes me too, I had to put a damp towel around my neck, it didn't bother my ears and face thought.

Cayenne0622 said:
I don't have that particular one. Mine has a flat base and a hose that attaches to the bag type hood. It fits on my head like a shower cap...just bigger and it inflates like a balloon when the dryer is turned on. I really like it because they heat is kept on your hair and not the rest of your face and neck. I went and bought a hooded dryer because I wasn't sure my regular dryer would work when I was doing protein treatments. This one looks cool. Has anyone used it during treatments?

Yes I used it lastnight during my conditioning treatment. I used ORS hair mayo and sat under the dryer for 20 mins. Oh by the way, that ORS hair mayo stinks like heck, but it really did my hair some good. My ends aren't frizzy and my hair is so soft and flowing.

I bought one last week and I love it! I had the shower-type kind before and it only held up a couple of months and I know it wouldn't hold a lot of rollers or large rollers for a rollerset. It gets really hot and it does dry in a good amount of time. It was a good investment. I wish it had a rechargeable battery so I could walk around though. I was able to nap on my couch by just leaning my head back.

That thing gets HOT! I just tried it the other day w/ my rollerset and it had to be the most awkward feeling I've ever had. When I stood up it was pressing down on the top of my head and when I looked in the mirror, oh Lord it was hysterical. It did dry my hair faster though but I'm not sure if I'm keeping it or not. Does anyone know if it is damaging or not because it felt like the heat was blasting directly onto my hair since the bonnet was actually touching my hair vs. the hard bonnet one where the air isn't so close to your head....I hope that makes sense. I had it on medium but the whole time I was worried about heat damage.

It does get hot! I turned mine down to the lowest setting and that worked fine for me. I see your point about the air actually touching the hair vs the hard bonnet where it kind of circulates. I would think if the air is cool enough, it shouldn't be damaging.

I love my Ion dryer. It does feel awkward a people do laugh at it, but it shortens my drying time. I only use it on low because it does get so hot, though.

pink_n_green_iz_me said:
How can it be discontinued and Sally's has been selling them like crazy?? What??

Exactly what I was thinking but I had been going back and forth to two different Sally's for months looking for this dryer and they never had it in. So one day I ask the cashier when they will get the dryer in again and she said that she didn't know because they haven't had them in months. After that she looked up the product in the system and said that the dryer is marked to be discontinued but she didn't know when. I still go to Sally's alot hoping to find one.

hairlove said:
It does get hot! I turned mine down to the lowest setting and that worked fine for me. I see your point about the air actually touching the hair vs the hard bonnet where it kind of circulates. I would think if the air is cool enough, it shouldn't be damaging.
Yeah, the air touching my hair really worries me. If you had it on high the whole time I could see this being damaging. When I turned mine on high I was in severe pain.

I love this dryer!!! However, I bought two of them and both died on me. I have yet to decide if I'm going to purchase another one.

They're $89.99 at Sally's. but I found one on e-bay for 35 bucks, I can't wait to get it!!!! Next purchase: Maxiglide!!!!! LOL Can anyone tell me where to get one for cheap?

Kristal said:
They're $89.99 at Sally's. but I found one on e-bay for 35 bucks, I can't wait to get it!!!! Next purchase: Maxiglide!!!!! LOL Can anyone tell me where to get one for cheap?

You can purchase a Maxiglide at Bed & Bath and Beyond for approx. $70. There are 20% coupons widely available that would enable you to save even more. I receive them in the mail. HTH :)

Back