ION Hair Color Review- Love it!!!

leona2025

I tried this for the first time a week ago in dark chocolate mixed with red brown. It covered mosted of the bright red hair in the front and made it a even chocolate red. Really pretty. It went on so easy and my hair felt silky and smooth during and after and it had a ton of shine.

The only problem that I have with this color is that it doesn' t last at all on me. I let it process for over 2 hours without heat because I was doing laundry. The color was beautiful, but it was completely gone after my first wash and so I'm using it again today only a week later. I'm going to use heat for few minutes and see if this time it last longer. I love it! I have tried many rinses and this one gives the softest silkiest hair. I hate Clairol Beautiful. It makes my hair so hard and crunchy.

Too bad it didn't last that long the first time. Hopefully this time it will. Please post pics if you can. I'd love to see your results.

Too bad it didn't last that long the first time. Hopefully this time it will. Please post pics if you can. I'd love to see your results.

I'm hoping it'll last longer too. I can't see myself doing rinses weekly. I definitely will post pictures. I don't know how well it will show up using my camera phone, but you can see it's not the bright red orange that it use to be. Are you still loving colorshowers? I haven't had the chance to try that yet.

I'm hoping it'll last longer too. I can't see myself doing rinses weekly. I definitely will post pictures. I don't know how well it will show up using my camera phone, but you can see it's not the bright red orange that it use to be. Are you still loving colorshowers? I haven't had the chance to try that yet.
Yeah, i think i'm gonna give it a rest this summer though. I get my retouch in May so i plan on going back to negra (black) for a while.

i just bought this from sally's for the buy 2 get 1 free. i only bought the color black cuz i wanted to test it out. I'm not expecting it to last longer than the clairol basically b.c. no other rinse has ever done that aside from getting it done on relaxer day when those cuticles are standing at attention!...but thanks for the review. i'm gonna try it this weekend

Their semi-permanent colors are great too, not drying at all.

ETA: Ohhh, you are talking about the semi-perm.

Last edited:
Re: ION Hair Color Review- Love it!!! - update

Ok here's pictures of the color. The one with the red hair in a single braid showed the color I used last time and the darker ones with curls show the color I used this time. My hair is super shiny, but I don't think it shows in the pictures.
ion4.jpg
ion1.jpg
ion5.jpg

nat1.jpg
nat2.jpg

Back