inviting people to church...

SqrpioQutie

... how would you go about doing it?... i want to just put out a mass invite to my church, but i want to do it in a way that doesn't scream tackiness... and these aren't invites just to my friends, but to just people period...

suggestions?

is this for a special function (ex. Friends &family day or women's day or similar)? If so I'd do an e-vite or print out simple but cute invites from a free online template. If you just want to invite a large group of visitors then just ask each individual the follow up with a reminder & give them the name, address & directions to the church & a short list of services & fellowships they would be eligible to attend.

is this for a special function (ex. Friends &family day or women's day or similar)? If so I'd do an e-vite or print out simple but cute invites from a free online template. If you just want to invite a large group of visitors then just ask each individual the follow up with a reminder & give them the name, address & directions to the church & a short list of services & fellowships they would be eligible to attend.

first, THANKS for actually putting a suggestion... i appreciate it...

and no, it's not a special function... we are a newer congregation (we'll be celebrating our first anniversary in March) and i just want to get the word out to people who may or may not be looking for a church.... an open invite beyond the people i already know...

It seems like you are trying to recruit new members to your church, right?

If you are extending the invitation to people in general (like strangers, passerbys, etc), why don't you just print up some invitations/flyers...I'm not talking religious tracts, but some sort of note with a description of your church/location/pastor/message...like a message that there is a new congregation in town. If you see a friendly face in the supermarket, library, mall whatever, just say "Hello, if you are interested in a church home, check us out!"..smile, and keep it moving.

I don't think this is tacky at all. I've received many church invitations this way. I think the only thing that is tacky is if you harass folks to come to your church lol, but I doubt you would do that!

first, THANKS for actually putting a suggestion... i appreciate it...

and no, it's not a special function... we are a newer congregation (we'll be celebrating our first anniversary in March) and i just want to get the word out to people who may or may not be looking for a church.... an open invite beyond the people i already know...

you're welcome :yep:

i'm still trying to find some sites where you can print up something cute (not tacky) that you can distribute.

try

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101043231033.aspx

or there is

http://www.evite.com/app/invitations/gallery/templates.do

Back