Introduction & Tips

quest24me

Good Day Ladies!

I am so inspired by what I have read. I have learned a lot, co-washing, APL, SL,EL and Megatek.

SOO let me introduce myself, I am 35, fabulous and I have one child. This year has started great with a surprise b-day party etc. I am feeling loved and to continue with the love, I want to love my body and hair by getting rid of the love handles and solving my hair issue!

My quick hair story is this, for some reason the crown of my hair is/was damaged. Thinning and breakage, the odd thing, it will grow. Does not grow as fast as the rest but this is new, never had a hair issue before.

I attached a picture, has anyone had this problem. I want it to go away fast so I can work on my goal of SL or CB Collar bone length by December 2009.

Weekly Regimen: MT everyday, DC 2X w/heat - Doo Grow Deep Penetrating. CW - 2x, Poo 1x per week - Pantene S/C mix, Oil - Doo Grow Growth Aid, Carol's Daughter Lias Elxir, Doo Grow Leave in Conditioner, Time line Mositurizer (Dominican) Sleep with plastic cap on at night big parts aand two strand twist. Protective style afro

Thanks Ladies for your advise in advance. :grin:

Attachments

• photo-hair.jpg
    photo-hair.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 30
Im a noob myself so ill let the experienced ladies advise you..
but i just droped by to say:welcome4: and show some love!!:spinning:

I don't really have any advice concerning the damaged hair at the crown, but I just wanted to say welcome!!

Welcome, you will find a ton of information here on LHCF..do lots of research!

Thanks ladies for the Welcome, I am sooo excited to meet you all via cyber land!

Thanks for the tip. I am trying to do more research on LFCF but having a little challenge with the search results, have not mastered it. Combing through has been a ride, but fun as I learn new things along the way but not want I was looking for.

Did you have a perm? I did a few years ago and my crown was damaged by it (and my sides). I have been natural for 6 years now, it took about 3 of those years to get some growth. That are is still more sparse than other areas, but you can't see the scapl any more. I think the crown area of my head and sides were the most tender and the perm really did a job on them.

Good luck and welcome. Your hair will grow!

Welcome to the board!!!:yep::yep::yep:

Ditto what the OP said about scalp massages.

Also, the Jane Carter Solution makes a product called "Scalp Renew" that is supposed to promote hair growth. The ingredients are: Pure essential oils of peppermint, lavender, tea tree, sweet orange, rosemary, ylangylang, bergomot, vitamins A,D,&E.

Karen's Body Beautiful (I'm going there on Friday; I'm so excited:grin:) has a hair growth serum. The ingredients are:
Jojoba Oil, Rosemary, Bay Rum and Cedarwood Essential Oils
On the web site it says that it is good for thinning edges, but it may work for your crown too.

Just a suggestion. If your hair is wet in the morning from where the plastic bag at night get rid of the bag. I tried bagging and my hair would be soppin' wet. It made my hair weak and my scalp itch. So after scratching in one spot for awhile my hair started thinning in the back.

Sulfa 8 is good.

Breakage in the crown area is what started me on my most recent hair journey.

My problem: I started getting my hair pressed. The crown of my head has coarser more delicate hair and my hair is not as dense in that area. And I had always had problem retaining moisture. So no moisture plus delicate hair plus lack of knowledge about quality hair care and products = broken off crown.

Solution: I stopped using chemicals for 18 months. (I had a Wave Nouveau at the time). I wore weaves and braids for a little over a year and I slowly cut of my processed hair between installs. During this time I also learned that it was okay not to shampoo (cowash instead) I learned about having a moisture/protein balance, I learned that water and dc's (I did them atleast twice a week when I started out) were my friend, and that brushes, combs, and heat are not (when used to often or not used in the right way - now I only use a denman). I also found out that I can't sleep with my hair loose as it cause that area of my head to be exposed and more likely to break even though I never sleep without my head covered.

Now my crown hair is still different from the rest of my hair in that it isn't as dense there and I have to use extra moisturizer in that area. Yogurt and sour cream treatments help make the hair there less wiry and hard to detangle. My regime includes low manipulation and lots of moisture and now my crown hair is healthy the same length as the rest of my hair. HTH

Last edited:
Back