Introducing myself

sweetcashew

Hey Ladies! I just wanted to introduce myself! I've been a lurker for about a year and I finally decided to go ahead and pay !!! I have to say that even though I've had long hair for most of my life, I've learned quite a lot from you ladies.
So I just wanted to say hello and thank you!

Pics coming soon!

Cashews are salty. :look:
That makes me sad. :(

But welcome to the board!
dance7.gif

Last edited:
sweetcashew said:
Hey Ladies! I just wanted to introduce myself! I've been a lurker for about a year and I finally decided to go ahead and pay !!! I have to say that even though I've had long hair for most of my life, I've learned quite a lot from you ladies.
So I just wanted to say hello and thank you!

Pics coming soon!

:wave: Hey newbie! Nice pic in your avatar...very pretty.

Glad to have you! :clap:

CatSuga said:

But welcome to the board!
dance7.gif

:lol: Not me!

Welcome to the board Sweetcashew :wave: I'm sure you feel like you know most of us already, now you can mix-n-mingle.

Question: Eventhough you've had long hair, do you see a significant difference between your hair's health before you started lurking and learning 'til now? If so tell us what it is and what made the difference.

~op~

CatSuga said:

LOL... I'm not a nut...but I am a fruit :)! Cashews are a sweet soft tropical fruit that kinda resembles a red delicious apple. I loooooooooove them !

Thank you ladies for the warm welcome.

ms portugal and divine inspiration...thanks for the compliments! :)

onepraying said:
:lol: Not me!

Question: Eventhough you've had long hair, do you see a significant difference between your hair's health before you started lurking and learning 'til now? If so tell us what it is and what made the difference.

~op~

I've had a problem with my kitchen area for a long time. From almost the top of my ears downwards was pretty much about armpit length even when my hair was waist length.
After stumbling upon this forum I decided to experiment and not perm that area. To my surprise that hair was softer than the rest of my head and didn't need to be permed at all. So I stopped perming it, cut it to about my shoulders and showed it a little TLC!
I also started perming in sections. we were taught by hairdressers to perm from the nape going up and that was damaging my hair because the perm would be left on there the longest.
Now that section of hair is healthy and growing fine. Thanks to you ladies.
Even though it runs in the family to have that section of hair shorter than the rest, it's healthier and retaining length. I doubt it will ever be as long as the rest but I'll try! :)

sweetcashew said:
I've had a problem with my kitchen area for a long time. From almost the top of my ears downwards was pretty much about armpit length even when my hair was waist length.
After stumbling upon this forum I decided to experiment and not perm that area. To my surprise that hair was softer than the rest of my head and didn't need to be permed at all. So I stopped perming it, cut it to about my shoulders and showed it a little TLC!
I also started perming in sections. we were taught by hairdressers to perm from the nape going up and that was damaging my hair because the perm would be left on there the longest.
Now that section of hair is healthy and growing fine. Thanks to you ladies.
Even though it runs in the family to have that section of hair shorter than the rest, it's healthier and retaining length. I doubt it will ever be as long as the rest but I'll try! :)
Oops! I meant to say cashews weren't salty to me!

I stopped relaxing my nape and it flourished! Also, the relaxing techniques posted here are very helpful. Isn't interesting how one or two changes can really make things easier?

Anyway, blessings to you on your journey to the healthiest hair possible!

Back