Introducing myself..Natural 4ab

Hello All,

I've been a lurker for about 2 years now, never really felt the need to post, i've thanked some, and now I feel it's time to give my due respect to the forum which has helped the most with my natural hair care journey. The inspiration on this forum is outstanding, and I just want to thank all of you who share your pictures, as seeing inspirational pictures is what carries you through on the rough days when you may feel insecure about your hair.

My regimen is as follows:
I've been protecive styling in senegalese twists, braids or the occasional weave for the last 2 years...but when it comes to wash days I...
PreePoo with either Amla oil or Vatika coconut oil
wash with Dudu Osum liquid black soap
oil rinse with EVOO
Condition with Suave Tropical Coconut..love this stuff (Detangle at this step)
And then usually deep condition with either a mixture of EVOO, coconut oil and Lustrasilk shea butter and mango OR more recently i've tried and loved Anita Grants rhassoul clay treatment
I also occasionally will do an Aphogee 2minute treatment after protective styling
I've tried Henna, didn't really like it that much, may give it another go with another brand..
To moisturize I use a Kimmay Tube leave in, EVOO..and knot today
Spritz with a water/oil mixture of water and glycerin

For the first year of my journey I would blow dry every 2 months when it was time to put my hair back into protective style, but now that my hair is out more often I blow dry about every 3 months...i've straightened my hair twice during my journey at a hair salon, where my hair was bouncy and bone straight..however I believe the heat was too high, because i suffered a little heat damage at the nape..now my goal is to straighten my own hair..only once a year..so this summer I will try that...
Thanks for viewing!
O and I lost alot of my pics from my first year including my straightened pics at 1 yr natural and bc pics :sad:(i bc to about an inch) do to my computer crashing, but i've managed to capture alot in year 2...anyway i know yall like pics as much as i do..so heres my fotki..which i just started...still need to figure how to make it look it better..any help with that would be much appreciated..and i will be adding more pics...here goes..
http://public.fotki.com/AnAfricanBeauty/natural-and-beyond/year-1-and-2/

Attachments

• IMG01197-20110317-1919.jpg
    IMG01197-20110317-1919.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG00852-20101029-1138.jpg
    IMG00852-20101029-1138.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG00470-20100815-1637.jpg
    IMG00470-20100815-1637.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG01277-20110325-2310.jpg
    IMG01277-20110325-2310.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 260
  • IMG01310-20110326-2014.jpg
    IMG01310-20110326-2014.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
You and your hair are GORGEOUS. I really love the thickness of your hair.

P.S You may get more responses if you post a picture here rather than sending people to you fotki. Very few people seem to like fotki anymore.

I agree you and your hair are gorgeous. I really like your since(< strike that) sense of fashion and the screen name you chose. Happy hair growing!

Last edited:
Absolutely Gorgeous! Welcome to the forum. Please welcome yourself to the Fashion forum as well..I love your style!

I love your hair!!..it's crazy im always here drooling at everyones photos..cant believe you all are commenting on mine..thank you it means alot. xoxo

Your fashion sense, girl. And we're going to have to talk about that halter...like where did you buy it and whats up with that strap dress because I am LOVING it over here.

Thanks Msmchy!...the top was made for the concert..using some kente bought in Ghana...and the dress was found in thrift store in Uk for a pound! crazy eh?..I currently study in the Uk...and I am just looooving the fashion out here..even the thrift stores got crazy finds!

Welcome! You and your hair a simply beautiful! :grin: Your hair is so thick. Going to go back to look through your reggie again.

Love the hair. Did I say I love the hair??:yep:

And ma'am, I'm gonna need the name of the seamstress who made that halter, STAT :grin: It is TOO cute.

Welcome!

I like you already. Short sweet intro post with regimen and pictures, what's not to love? lol
Oh, and your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! :drool: Seriously, you went from 1" to this in 2 years? Gives me hope for my hair.

*takes a moment to recover from the onslaught of gorgeousness and fabulousness*

:welcome: Love your hair! Thanks for including you regimen and hair journey info. Look forward to seeing you around more! :yep:

Back