Intro...You guys owe me some money!

shibababy

I've been lurking for a few weeks. Thanks for this great website. I have been abusing my hair for years. It's hard to find someone to do my hair here so I just pretty much gave up and put it all into a ponytail.

I was doing cowashes about 3 times a week and protective styling with ponytails, and half wigs. I had learned, accidentally by being lazy, that this made my hair grow fast. I cut my hair in Summer 2006 and it took forever to grow back. I was self relaxing every 5-8 weeks or so. I also discovered that Suave strawberry shampoo would make my new growth more manageable. (stripping)

My biggest problems were using clear ice gel and harshly brushing my edges back and not detangling my hair. I would comb through after conditioning but during the week I would just brush back my edges and never comb through to the ends, so needless to say, my ends were wrecked.

My DH would remark on how horrible my hair was lately and my excuse was I had no one to do it professionally. I also have psoriasis, flakes galore. I found this website and took the first steps towards healthy hair and now that I have my hair back at a little below shoulder length my goal is to maintain it and hopefully achieve APL.

My prescription shampoo has cleared up my dandruff and so now I'm confident enough to wear my hair out. I did find a stylist. She gave me a relaxer and a much needed trim. She said my hair was beautiful and it was not in as bad of condition as I had thought. I received so many compliments. It felt great to get compliments on my real hair and not the hair that people thought was mine.

I'm now trying alot of the products based on posts here. I'm loving the cocunut oil and sweet almond oil. I'm waiting for hairveda to arrive. I even did a rollerset last night and it came out so bouncy and silky. I just tried the fhi and chi flatirons. I'm returning the FHI.

thanks and success for all!

Congrats on starting your healthy hair care journey!! :yay: I can't wait to see your pics. Why are you returning the FHI?

here are the before and after shots
11/15/08 This is 6 weeks post self relaxer. Lots of new growth and in desperate need of a trim
hair022.jpg

I NEVER wore it out like this BTW-just posing for the camera.

11/22/08 After salon visit. I got a relaxer and trim
hair038.jpg

I returned the FHI because I liked the CHI better.

Last edited:
Wow! Great Progress! Your hair looks thick and healthy. :yep: I have a FHI now but I keep hearing good stuff about the CHI.

Back