Intro: Beeyoo :)

Beeyoo

Hey ya'll hows it goin? I was introduced by a friend of mine and I'm so excited about this site. I just wanted to give a little history about myself so maybe ya'll can help lead me in the right direction :) I'm in the process of locking my hair and would love to gain more knowledge on how to improve my hair growth

This is me before the big cut

Jul11_83.jpg

After I got home from college I wanted a new start. My dad took the clippers and cut me damn near to a fade. I put a texturizer in my hair and wore it spikey. And it grew from there

cut011.jpg
pinkblack002.jpg

locs007.jpg

Then I began Locking my hair. I switched stylists 3 times. The current one is my third stylist and she's great. But I will be moving soon and I'm hoping to learn how to do my own hair.

First Twists
locs024.jpg

Took em out

Did em again

IMAGE_232.jpg

Took em out :lol:

ME NOW FINALLY :lol:

She started me out wit two strand twists and continued to palm twist them :)
6bc220cd.jpg

Jan30025.jpg

I'm sorry for the long post lol. But if there is anyone who can help me get off to a good start as far as maintaining my own hair now. Especially natural haircare solutions, I'm very open to any and all suggestions, links, products, etc. :D

Welcome!

I love your photo introduction!

My dad has dreds. I'll see what my mom uses to twist them for him, and get back to you.

I loooooove your texture! Are you sure you want to loc it up??? We can have so much fun if you don't :lachen:
:lachen:
You're silly Bre!
Hi Beeyoo!! Your pics are too cute!!!
I agree with the ladies who said great intro post:yep:
I remember when my mom took clippers to her head for the umpteenth time...i cried like a plumb fool:ohwell:
Your hair looks healthy and thick!
Good luck to you:yep:

Hey Lady!
Welcome to the board, I'm new too. Have you tried doing a search for threads on hair types?
Yea I did but I couldnt find it :( Maybe there should be a How To thread or somethin lol.

I loooooove your texture! Are you sure you want to loc it up??? We can have so much fun if you don't :lachen:

Well I wish I wouldve known about this site before. Maybe I wouldnt have locked up. It took me an hour to pick out that damn fro :lol:

But my goal is to get my locs long enough for a mo-hawk. Yea yea i know what you thinkin but I want it! lol and now the mo-hawks are so cute and feminine. :D

:afro:
You get my vote for the best intro post on LHCF.
Welcome to the board and Happy Hair Growing!

:welcome:

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy whoot whoot! thank you :D

Gosh thanks for all the compliments i just have this warm fuzzy feelin in side now :D :lachen:

This picture has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. But it made me laugh so hard cuz I'm a cornball :grin: enjoy! Thanks again :D

cat.jpg

Welcome, Great intro I feel like I already know you. I like the different styles, Natural hair oh the many styles you can achieve. Good luck and I hope you find all you need and more in here. As far as I know I think we got it all going on up in here. Sorry don't know much about locing but I am sure there or others on here that do. Welcome aboard.

Back