Intro and hair talk

LuvMyPink83

I've actually been trying to hold out on doing an intro. because I felt it would be better to join a hair forum with actual pictures of my hair. But I still don't have any pics so...here I am anyway.

I'm so excited to have found this forum because I love long hair and I love talking about hair and getting new tips. Anyway I look forward to joining challenges and hopefully getting some pics soon.

My Hair Vitals
-I've been keeping my hair at waist length for several years and now I'm ready to reach hip
-Natural for 7 years, type 4a
-I've recently changed my hair routine and have added blowdrying which has helped tremendously, now my two strand twist take a little over an hour instead of 4-6hrs. :yep:
-I used henna for the first time about 2 weeks ago and I loved it so I'll be doing that every 3months

Let me know if I've left anything out!

Welcome!!!

As the unofficial "don't post without pics" police u have exactly 48 hours to update this thread with pics.
.....coming up in here talking bout some waist length natchal hair with no pics hmph.....

:bighug: :grin:

Girl stop playin', that is not waist length hair :lachen:. That is a waist length twist. Your hair straightened would almost be at your hips already :lol: You trying to get to TBL!!!

Thanks!

Currently I just DC, blowdry (tension method) and twist every 3 weeks or so. I pretty much keep the twists in a loose braid with the ends tucked into it and secured with an elastic band thingy (bun). I do moisturize my ends daily/nightly. That's it, nothing fancy...

I just ordered some EVCO so I'm thinking of using that to oil my scalp. I've never oiled my scalp before so I have to learn more about it. I got the idea from my aunt. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I didn't know that taking certain vitamins and supplements could contribute to hair growth. About 2 weeks ago, the same time I used the henna, I started taking my leftover prenatal vitamins for my low iron. So we'll see if that does anything. *fingers crossed*

Thank you all for the warm welcome...:grin:

Back