International PJ

• Thread starter Thread starter JenniferMD
  • Start date Start date
J

JenniferMD

What have I gotten myself into? I just ordered $50 worth of hair products I can't even pronounce! They are Indian hair care products.

Indra night treatment oil-Organic winter cherry and rosemary oil to condition hair and scalp for brilliant shine and vitality. A traditional pre-shampoo therapy for normal or dry hair. This combination of rosemary, eucalyptus, and jojoba helps aid circulation soothe and moisturise.

Dabur Vatika Hair Oil -a herbal oil for providing nourishment to the scalp and hair. Vatika has been made superior to coconut oil as it contains several vital herbs like triphala, amla, kapurkachari, neem, brahmi, lemon, rosemary, henna and milk with coconut oil as base. The herbs provide nourishment to the hair, by preventing overall hair damages.

Shikakai hair powder-Considered a superior cleanser for "lustrous long hair" and has been reported as "promoting hair growth and preventing dandruff". Because of these benefits, this powder was named "shikakai" which literally translates as "fruit for the hair"

Kalpi Tone- Its regular use, helps give hair a complete medical and beauty treatment. It helps to remove dandruff and prevent hair loss, premature greying. It strengthens hair roots and promotes hair growth. It brightens eye sight, relieves headache and induces sound sleep.

laugh.gif

Whew, Now I don't feel so bad ordering 6 different conditioners from sickbay.. Shoot you can't bet $1 conditioners
grin.gif

lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
lachen70.gif
I love the title of this post JennMD! They all sound like wonderful products!
smile.gif

Btw, I saw the pics from the DC Meeting awhile back and your hair is looking wonderful!!!! Keep up the good work!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
laugh.gif

Whew, Now I don't feel so bad ordering 6 different conditioners from sickbay.. Shoot you can't bet $1 conditioners
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
pinocchio.gif
I ordered some regular priced conditioners too
ohwell.gif

cry3.gif
Please don't post a winning review of these items because I will be forced to buy them
laugh.gif

I cant wait to try these indian products, esp the dabur vatika. Thanx for providing the links and that Marketable thread: "International PJ's"
lachen70.gif

Dabur's products are great. I'm sure that you will like the vatika. It works wonders for hot oil treatments. Have fun with your new products. Once you get hooked on Indian hair care products...(especially Indian oils)...you won't want to use anything else.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Dabur's products are great. I'm sure that you will like the vatika. It works wonders for hot oil treatments. Have fun with your new products. Once you get hooked on Indian hair care products...(especially Indian oils)...you won't want to use anything else.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Erica girl have you been holdin' out on us?
spank.gif

It seems you know some things we don't. So please enlighten us, tell it all.
grin.gif

i can recommend the dabour coconut hair oil - it really smells like coconut, but it tends to be hard in the bottle. i usually keep it in the shower, so when i come out, it's ready for use.

i have some alma dabur oil as well (some asian shops in the UK), it's in a mineral oil base *sigh* but choc full with gooseberry, alma oil and all that. i tend to use this in a spritz. it has a very strong smell though...

would have loved to try the indra treatment oil...

ana
lick.gif

The Dabur Vatika Oil is very nice. I like it for straightening and softening the newgrowth. I think you'll really like this one.

I've also tried shikakai powder, along with neem bringaraj and a few others. That was back in my early LHCF days when I was trying er'ythang
laugh.gif
This is all good stuff, but it'll require a lil work and a face mask. The powdered stuff is strong. BUT it really strengthens the hair. With the shikakai powder, be sure you have a real good moisturizing conditioner to follow with. I can't wait to hear the reviews
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Wow! I can't wait for the reviews!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me neither!!
smile.gif
Jennifer, you go girl!!
up.gif

I just bought some Dabur Vatika Hair Shampoo. I have not tried it yet, but plan to as soon as I run out of my Surge shampoo.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I just ordered the Dabur amla and vatika coconut oil to try.

[/ QUOTE ]
I ordered the Dabur amla yesterday
sekret.gif

YAY!!! I hope we all like these products
smile.gif
Where should we take our PJism next....I'm going to Italy in January
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Erica girl have you been holdin' out on us?
spank.gif

It seems you know some things we don't. So please enlighten us, tell it all.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
My friend sent me a few products from India back in Feb. The Vatika is one of my favorites. I was using it everyday...but cut back because it lightened my hair color a little. I only use it once a week as a hot oil treatment now. It's a really good strengthener. I also love Dabur's Anmol Coconut Oil...very moisturizing. I use it in my hair daily. Parachute Coconut oil <-(not by dabur) is another good Indian oil especially for scalp massages...but it doesn't smell as good as the Anmol. In fact when I used it in my hair and went out...I smelled like I just came fresh out of the frying pan. The Vatika has a strong smell too...but with the results it gives...I think you will want to deal with it. I'm having some transitional breakage...so I hijacked my mom's Amla Oil..and I have no complaints! It slowed the breakage. I like it so much that I started using it in my spray bottle as a daily moisturizer. This also has a strong smell if you use a lot of it. It leaves your hair soft too.

These oils are very moisturizing. I have tried other oils and hair grease...only to end up having my hair dry out with them.

My friend also sent me some Vatika Henna Cream Conditioning Shampoo...but I have been too chicken to try it since it contains SLES. Perhaps...I will try it out one day.
smile.gif

I haven't tried the other things that you purchased...so like allandra said...don't forget to post a review!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JenniferMD said:
YAY!!! I hope we all like these products
smile.gif
Where should we take our PJism next....I'm going to Italy in January
scratchchin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to Venice a few years ago, and you will have to fight off the Italy men. They love black women. When I was there they were trying to hit on me the whole time. It was a deep admiration for black women.
smile.gif

I'm intrigued with the idea of Indian herb products. How does one use "hair powder"? I mean does one literally shake it on your scalp? Also, Kalpi tone, is that in capsule form?

thanks for answering.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm intrigued with the idea of Indian herb products. How does one use "hair powder"? I mean does one literally shake it on your scalp? Also, Kalpi tone, is that in capsule form?

thanks for answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question!

Any updates?

Don't feel bad Jennifer, I bought some Brahmol Aamla hair oil from indianplaza a few months ago when I got my Gold Tumeric Cream. This stuff includes brahmi, aamla, bhangra, chameli, jatamasi and lots of other extracts I've never heard of. It's fantastic!
Take care,
G

Back