Interesting Article on Vitamins and Hair

SNyeema

I don't necessarily agree with the "If every woman in your family has hair that only comes to their ear, chances are, you won’t have hair that grows down to your bra strap" statement (you all have proven that here), but I thought the rest of the article was very interesting. Especially the part about how your diet plays a part in which you take your vitamins. Enjoy.

http://www.blackhairmedia.com/article_hair_vitamins_1.htm

SNyeema said:
I don't necessarily agree with the "If every woman in your family has hair that only comes to their ear, chances are, you won’t have hair that grows down to your bra strap" statement (you all have proven that here)

I agree with you on that. I have a some bra strap length friends with bald headed parents.

I read the article as well. For me it was a little discouraging, I do have a medical condition concerning my Thyroid. And my hair has been thinning for the past 2-3 years. I used to have a decent head of hair, not brastrap length or anything like that but it was healthy and I had no issues with styling. Now I almost don't want to perm because my hair looks thin and lifleless. If I go too long without a perm I shed more and and my hair will not hold a set.
I have gone the gambit since dicovering this board. I never really paid that much attention to my hair. Now it seems with all the attention I have been paying of late, it has been to no avail. I have bought mo' sh.. :mad: than I can really afford and still nothing. :confused:

the only problem with going on genetics is that what if none of the women in your family know how to take care of their hair and so they all have ear-length hair? you never know how long their hair may be if they take care of their hair and in many cases you don't even know that they aren't taking good care of their hair. soooo, going by how long their hair is can be the wrong thing b/c their hair may have the potential to be bra length.

Looking at women in the family does not tell you anything. There are some that choose to keep their hair cut short because they prefer it that way. Gran had long hair when younger and keeps it short now.

If I was to go by this article, look at women in the family and figure I would never have lenght. I would be wrong, because it wasn't that they tried and failed, they never wanted it in the first place or changed their goals.

Even if some had tried and failed, that doesn't mean that I would fail too. They may have just not found the right conditions under which they would succeed.

Lastly, diet plays a role in hair growth also. To get the maximum amount of growth for your hair, you need to follow a healthy diet getting all the proper nutrients and drinking lots of water. This is where hair vitamins may be of some help. Hair vitamins, just like regular vitamins, are to help you meet the daily recommended allowances of certain vitamins and nutrients. So if a person does not eat very healthfully, vitamins help them get some—but not all, of the nutrients they need. With this said, hair vitamins alone will not make your hair grow, but can be a part of a total health regimen to promote hair growth. So ladies, there is nothing wrong with picking up a bottle of hair vitamins to help you get started on your journey towards longer, healthier hair--just be prepared to do all of the other things that are necessary to achieve your desired outcome. The moral of this story is, “don’t put all your eggs in one pill bottle.”

Spidergul said:
I read the article as well. For me it was a little discouraging, I do have a medical condition concerning my Thyroid. And my hair has been thinning for the past 2-3 years. I used to have a decent head of hair, not brastrap length or anything like that but it was healthy and I had no issues with styling. Now I almost don't want to perm because my hair looks thin and lifleless. If I go too long without a perm I shed more and and my hair will not hold a set.
I have gone the gambit since dicovering this board. I never really paid that much attention to my hair. Now it seems with all the attention I have been paying of late, it has been to no avail. I have bought mo' sh.. :mad: than I can really afford and still nothing. :confused:

Spidey,
Don't get discouraged. I'm sure if you post a new topic with the words HELP!! the ladies here would gladly point you in the right direction. And since you've already experienced product junkyism (smile), I'm sure the ladies can put some of the stuff you already have to good use. Keep your head up girl!!

Spidergul said:
Welcome Spidergul!

Thyroid conditions can be turned around. Ive learned that kind of condition is due to a deficiency in iodine - important for hair health. Are you getting treatment from your doctor? Does he/she know about your concerns with your hair? You are at the right place to learn how to get your hair back to health. :yep:

Back