Instyler Flat Iron $50!!!

berryblack

I've been debating about getting either the Instyler or the Croc 2 Infrared as a present to myself this year.

I saw a good vid on the Instyler on 4b hair:
YouTube - using instyler on natural hair

Then I saw this deal on another board which is the cheapest that I've seen an Instyler:

Rotating Hair Iron Brush(TSLR1020-2) - US$ 52.62

I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger, though. Two Christmases ago I got a Sedu for myself and it was a Sedon't! My hair just laughed at it.

I have seen several favorable threads on the Croc 2 but not a lot of chatter on the Instyler. Does anyone like it?

I've had mine for two years I think? I love it! The only drag about it is it can be a little difficult to use it to get new growth smooth, depending on how much growth you have. Since I can't get it down to the scalp the way I can a flat iron, I just rub the instyler over the new growth. Doesn't get it stick straight, but it definitely softens it so that I can style it.

I've had mine for two years I think? I love it! The only drag about it is it can be a little difficult to use it to get new growth smooth, depending on how much growth you have. Since I can't get it down to the scalp the way I can a flat iron, I just rub the instyler over the new growth. Doesn't get it stick straight, but it definitely softens it so that I can style it.

Yeah, I read it can be hard to get to the roots. It looks like it does a good job smoothing everything down, though.

But someone told me they got it for $14 bucks.
I need to ask this girl where she got it from b/c that's a big jump.....

But someone told me they got it for $14 bucks.
I need to ask this girl where she got it from b/c that's a big jump.....

Wow! Yeah, let us know!

I checked that site, thanks Berry! However, shipping's a whopper - $15 is the cheapest. Wally world has 'em for $85, btw.

I bought something from there last week and the shipping was free---I guess it was special. I also have a wig stand in my cart and the shipping was estimated to be $2, so I guess they are selectively reasonable:lol:.

Whatever the case, $65 is still less than I have seen it elsewhere. I'm trying to wig it right now so I do not need it quickly. This past year I have worn my hair out a lot. I love it and it looks great, but I have barely retained 2 inches at the most:perplexed! I'm trying to hold out a few months before I put heat on it again.

That is absolutely the lowest price I've seen it, by far. I'll look into shipping, again. Hopefully they'll select my purchase for $2 or free shipping, too. Lololol...

I bought one and burned the crap out of my neck. I'm through...won't be using it again.

I loved my Instyler! Just be careful where you buy it. If the price looks too good to be true, then it usually is. I saw a Instyler knock off in CVS for 50 $.

they have them on sale on Hautelook.com from time to time. I bought mine direct from Instyler. Got the 2 for 1 deal.

Back