Ingredients in conditioners

cocomyst

I am trying to get my products in order here, so I do not over do it with the protein.

I have heard it mentioned that Motions CPR has protein in it (although not a lot).
But what has me confused is I read the ingredients and read everything on the label and it does not say anything about protein.

Are there other ingredients that lets you know there is protein in something that doesn't necessarily use the word protein?

2nd thing, the Motions silk protein conditioner, is that on the same level as the aphogee 2min reconstructor?

Someone please :cry3:help
I don't think this is a dumb question but if it is I am sorry but I really would like to know.
I am sorry if it has been covered b4 also

I am trying to get my products in order here, so I do not over do it with the protein.

I have heard it mentioned that Motions CPR has protein in it (although not a lot).
But what has me confused is I read the ingredients and read everything on the label and it does not say anything about protein.

The cpr i used had hydrolyzed collagen in it ====this increases elasticity.

Are there other ingredients that lets you know there is protein in something that doesn't necessarily use the word protein?

2nd thing, the Motions silk protein conditioner, is that on the same level as the aphogee 2min reconstructor? Motions silk is not on the same level has apr 2 minute. 2 minute has Keratin which is a protein that your hair is made from. Motions silk only has 2 proteins Hydrolyzed silk (((makes your hair soft)))) and Hydrolyzed collagen (((increases elasticity)))

Hope this helps.

Are you relaxed or natural. I don't use any of the products that you mentioned, but I do know that most conditioners have some sort of protein. Also remember proteins are not necessarily bad. In my opinion, relaxed hair need conditioners with protein. Example, wheat protein is very moisturizing. The animal proteins are the stronger ones. Maybe some of the other ladie will chime in.

Thanks for responding

I am relaxed.

I understand protein is good, but now I am noticing most of my conditioners have protein.
I thought the motions CPR was a deep con

If you take it back to chemistry class, not all proteins will say such and such protein. For example keratin is a protein. Some other examples of proteins (that are found in conditioners)are: collagen, hydrolized silk, or silk extracts. Google protein and just see what you come up with. That's how I learned how to detect if different ingredients in my conditioners were protein or not and what their role in haircare is.

I think you can tell most protein products by their label as well. They will say "repair" or "reconstruct" while moisturising products say "condition" or "moisturise" etc.

Back