Ingredient in shampoo kills rats brain cells (Suave, Clairol, Pantene.

Yeah Mona!! I know I got a bit flustered today, but I feel better knowing the Mane N Tail that I use dosn't have the stuff in it.

I love you girl!!!
/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Yeah Mona!! I know I got a bit flustered today, but I feel better knowing the Mane N Tail that I use dosn't have the stuff in it.

I love you girl!!!
/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nooooooooooooo...not you. Flustered? Neva dat! LOL.
We can still carry the torch for the ORIGINAL Mane N Tail - Keep on washin and conditionin' girl! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hugs and Love right back atchu! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
Well ladies, I'm always going to FYI ya just in case.

[/ QUOTE ]

And don't think it's not appreciated Jasmin! Good lookin out! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I guess I need to go check my hair care stash as well. Geez, are there any good ingredients in hair care products these days?

<font color="purple">I've just got through reading that article on yahoo. There's a lot of skepticism about the ingredient in shampoos and such. I also read that there is no evidence that MIT can be harmful to humans if it is used for longer periods. I love my Pantene and Suave conditioners (don't use either of their shampoos), and I can never depart from them.

Like I said earlier, futher investagation will be determined if the products are safe for human use. If that's the case, I'm going to upgrade to the professional salon conditioners and the like. Who knows? Maybe going the salon products route is the way to go IMO. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
candibaby said:
I agree with Kitty.

And as far as me caring if shampoo kills a rats brain cells? I dont..

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO

[ QUOTE ]
jasmin said:
Thanks Mona!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're quite welcome. Didn't want you to think your effort to keep your fellow LHCF sisters informed wasn't appreciated. At least giving folks an option to be aware and make a decision if they wished to continue using a product that contained that particular ingredient or not, because some people genuinely do care about that sort of thing while some do not.

Best to you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/wave.gif I know we're trying to put this one to bed, but I wanted to let you all know about my conversation with the Straigh Arrow company today (makers of Mane N Tail)...

I spoke with Diane in Consumer Affairs for Mane N Tail. They do know about the article in Forbes and have confirmed that MIT is only in the Deep Moisturizing shampoo. It was also in the regular shampoo several years ago, but they stopped adding it a long time ago.

Diane has spoken with one of their onsite chemists, as well as the company that tests their product line (CIR), and they have all confirmed that the levels of MIT are not harmful enough to cause brain damage. Additionally, since you are rinsing the shampoo out of your hair, the chances are even slimmer that it could be harmful.

This may or may not be the case with other brands, but you'd have to check them out to be sure.

I'm sure they'll release a statement at some point because of all of this.

Thanks,
SG

THANKS!! I was taking a shower this morning and MIT was staring at me from several of my products!! It was scary. Its amazing what jumps out at you, once it is brought to your attention! Of course I am just going to continue doing what I do. Nice to know that its a small amount. I think I would have been worried if it was one of the main ingredients! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Interesting... I just read another post hear that said that the ingredient 2-Bromo-2-Nitropropane 1,3-Diol caused cancer. I had threw away my Suave back then when I heard about that. Now it sounds like Suave have two potentionally dangerous chemicals in them.

Good Bye Suave Coconut Condtioner!!! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

Good lookin' out, jasmine

Back