Infusium 23

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Hello,

I am going through serious withdrawal! I cannot read anything :mad: And on Valentine's Day no less!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How else can I make the work day go faster and learn how to take better care of my hair? I guess I will have to actually work. Just kidding!

Before I forget, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your Valentine's make you feel like a queen, not just today, but every day :) If they don't I'' take care of it (rolling up sleeves ) ;)

Onto my question, how do you feel about Infusium 23? I use it daily and am wondering if that is too often? Or too much protein? If so, can you recommend a daily leave-in. I think I am addicted. Thanks and hopefully you will be able to respond.

Lucie

I used to use this religiously and so far in all my time here at LHCF the best advice I ever got was to stop using it. I am not going to tell you to do that though. I posted everything I was using at the time on my hair and the verdict was - too much protein. I was using a lot of products with protein, and that was the reason my hair felt the way it did. Looking back I think I was using four things that had protein on a weekly basis.

So I would suggest you post your regime and get some opinions.

ETA: I use bottled water in a spray bottle or oyin's greg juice as leave in moisturizer, but I don't know if many relaxed members use it. I am sure they would be able to suggest something else.

Last edited:
I used it at first then stopped. If I did go back to it I would dilute it because it is very rich in protein.

I use it as conditioner for my braids. When my hair is out I use it along with a creamy leave-in to help detangle my freshly washed hair. I like it a lot, but maybe my hair is just really receptive to protein. I do deep condition 2-3x per week as well though.

I wouldn't use it everyday though....

Hello,

Thanks for all of your replies. I think I am going to stop using it. Do you have a recommendation for a daily leave-in? I guess I'll use water for now, maybe mix it with EVOO. I feel like a chemist :lol: I don't have any oils yet, so when I do, maybe my mixture will be better.

Lucie

Try neutragena triple moisture silk touch leave in or Salerm21-- those are much more moisturizing than infusium which is much too protein rich for daily use.:D

I have recently started using this and my hair loves it so far. I use it about 4-5 times a week, but I apply it from a spary bottle as a mixture with my favorite oil. :up:

i use it and it has help my hair
but i think you have to find out what work best on your hair
what works for my hair might not work for yours:)

Back