Infusium 23 Leave-in

ChosenbyGod

Why do some delute it w/water? :confused: Are you diluting the original leave-in formula because I noticed they have an original and a moisturizing formula. I'm planning on getting the moisturizing formula soon.

ChosenbyGod said:
Why do some delute it w/water? :confused: Are you diluting the original leave-in formula because I noticed they have an original and a moisturizing formula. I'm planning on getting the moisturizing formula soon.

I saw that it makes some ladies' hair crunchy, but which formula, I don't know. Didn't you use Infusim the first time you stretched. Which formula did you use......

ChosenbyGod said:

Ok, when I initially started using Infusium it wasn't so concentrated and I never used to dilute it (the old ingredients were more natural). But when they changed the formula I noticed it made my hair hard and stiff so I started diluting it with purified/distilled water in a spray bottle and this helped a great deal.

I use the generic version of the original formula. I dilute it 50-50 with water. In the past, using it straight from the bottle has caused dryness. My hair feels better now that I am diluting it.

I dilute it because it made my hair very hard. I usually add some distilled water to it or mix it with another leave-in moisturizer every once in a while.

I've used this stuff off and on for years and I've never had to dilute it like many people I know. The new formula (brown label) is definitely different than the original, but I still like it.

I even use it when I airdry, but I have to make sure I comb often because if I airdry w/o combing, it hardens my hair in thick strands, then it's hard to manage.

I thought I was the only person who really liked this stuff! Glad to know I'm in good company :)

onepraying said:
I saw that it makes some ladies' hair crunchy, but which formula, I don't know. Didn't you use Infusim the first time you stretched. Which formula did you use......

I used the one with the brown label, the original formula. That was before I knew anything about products and what's good and what's not good, about dryness and stuff like that. :nono: But I remember that I had retained length when I relaxed and I was using Infusium leave-in. I don't remember my hair feeling crunchy, although it might've been.

Cinnabuns said:
I dilute it because it made my hair very hard. I usually add some distilled water to it or mix it with another leave-in moisturizer every once in a while.

Does it have protein or something in it to make your hair that hard?? I've never looked at the ingredients before.

I've used the Original form. for a few years. I just started using the moisturizing form. a month ago. I can't tell a difference, expect my hair is taking longer to dry and it is softer, but I think that is because of the change in weather here. :perplexed: This winter was very cold and dry.

ChosenbyGod said:

Does it have protein or something in it to make your hair that hard?? I've never looked at the ingredients before.

Yes it has a couple of different amino acids, (lysine, etc) which are what protein is broken down into. It doesn't make my hair hard...probably because I use a cream leave-in with EVOO mixed in it after I spray on Infusium.

I don't ever dilute mine with water. I have used it for about 9 years consistently...I use the new blue label that's for relaxed/permed/colored hair.

Jewell said:
I don't ever dilute mine with water. I have used it for about 9 years consistently...I use the new blue label that's for relaxed/permed/colored hair.

Blue label, huh? Maybe this is why you don't have any issues w/dryness.

If I am using a lot of products, I will dilute it with water. I am basically using it to keep my hair moist while I set it. Right now it is about 1/2 infusium to 1/2 water. But if I wet wrapping I will use it full strength.

karezone said:
If I am using a lot of products, I will dilute it with water. I am basically using it to keep my hair moist while I set it. Right now it is about 1/2 infusium to 1/2 water. But if I wet wrapping I will use it full strength.

And you don't have any issues with dryness? How does your hair turn out after you use it? Oh and what label do you use?

ChosenbyGod said:
And you don't have any issues with dryness? How does your hair turn out after you use it? Oh and what label do you use?

I think that it is the moisturizing (don't have the bottle with me) I don't experience any dryness. My hair turns out great.

Infusium has been in my regimen since 2003

karezone said:
I think that it is the moisturizing (don't have the bottle with me) I don't experience any dryness. My hair turns out great.

Infusium has been in my regimen since 2003

Thank yooouu

Back