Info on which types of MSM to take?

No problem Amethyst.

I actually am going to get the MSM crystals and take it in water along with some powdered vitamin c. Do you know how many mg is in a 5ml teaspoon of MSM?

I'm not sure if I understand your question? You cannot convert mg into mL. You can convert mg into grams or micrograms, but not mL. If you put 5mg of anything into a base, the base will contain just that, 5mg. Metric units of mass and capacity are two different things.

Metric units of Mass:
1 kilogram (kg)= 1,000 grams (g)
1 g = 1,000 milligrams (mg)
1mg = 1,000 micrograms (mcg)

Metric Units of Capacity
1 liter (L) = 1,000 milliliters (mL)

Customary Units of Capacity
8 fluid ounces (fl oz) = 1 cup
2 cups = 1 pint (pt)
2 pints = 1 quart (qt)
4 quarts = 1 gallon (gal)

hth,
Amethyst

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Amethyst said:
I'm not sure if I understand your question? You cannot convert mg into mL. You can convert mg into grams or micrograms, but not mL. If you put 5mg of anything into a base, the base will contain just that, 5mg. Metric units of mass and capacity are two different things.

Metric units of Mass:
1 kilogram (kg)= 1,000 grams (g)
1 g = 1,000 milligrams (mg)
1mg = 1,000 micrograms (mcg)

Metric Units of Capacity
1 liter (L) = 1,000 milliliters (mL)

Customary Units of Capacity
8 fluid ounces (fl oz) = 1 cup
2 cups = 1 pint (pt)
2 pints = 1 quart (qt)
4 quarts = 1 gallon (gal)

hth,
Amethyst

[/ QUOTE ]

DAYUM Amethyst!!! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif You Go Girl! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Amethyst

Thanks for the explanation, but I don't think that I explained myself too well initially.
For example, I have some powdered vitamin C at home and on the tub as a guide it states that a level 5ml teaspoon sull of the powder is about equal to 5,000mg if Vitamin C. I wondered if there was a way of getting a rough estimate of how many mg of MSM there are is you were to put it in a level teaspoon.

<font color="purple">Hey LondonDiva,

This post comes at a good time for me as I am nearing the end of my msm supply. I also will be ordering the crystals as I haven't detected any noticable changes from the various types that I have used thus far. My knees still crack EVERY time I bend, the whites of my eyes are no whiter than they were before I started these mega (12,000-24,000 mgs) doses/images/graemlins/fat.gif and all of the other benefits of this supplement seem to bypass my system /images/graemlins/frown.gif . Just so you know, 1 level teaspoon equals 4000 mgs of msm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy growing!

NubianQueen

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
NubianQueen said:
<font color="purple">Hey LondonDiva,

1 level teaspoon equals 4000 mgs of msm. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Happy growing!

NubianQueen

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you NQ /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Diva /images/graemlins/wave.gif

NubianQueen is right. 1/4 tsp. = 1,000mg 1/2tsp. = 2,000mg
and so on. How much msm are you planning to start with?

Amethyst

Hi NubianQueen /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Are you saying all that msm did absolutely nothing for you /images/graemlins/shocked.gif? What brand were you taking and for how long? I know some people combine msm with glucosamine and chondroitin, and they say it has helped a great deal as far as joint inflammation is concerned. Taking 1,000mg-4,000mg of msm doesn't quite do it for my system, so I'm one of those who take higher doses /images/graemlins/smile.gif I have taken a 30,000mg loading dose before and now I'm take at least 6,000mg daily /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm gonna try those msm crystals also. I do believe that every brand is not equal. For example, I used to take Coutry Life's 5mg biotin which did nada mucho for me /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif On the other hand, that Puritan Pride brand is a whole other story /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Amethyst

Bumping for Ms J. Read the links to the articles. It explains in detail what msm is and the potency of the supplement.

Hi Amethyst
wave.gif
!

I am soooo sorry I didn't see this post until now!
blush.gif
I was doing a search for something else and while reading your response, saw my name! I can see why I missed it because I had just answered LondonDiva's question and then just left it alone.

At any rate, I have since started taking the Doctor's Best MSM in capsule and powder form. This way, if I forget to make my shake (protein, multi-vitamin and msm), I can still take my msm. So far, nuthin! I have been on msm for about two years now on a few different brands and up to 20,000 mgs per day. I recently did a cleanse and today is my first day back on all of my supplements. I am hoping that my vegetal silica will work now, my PP biotin will start kickin in and maybe if I am lucky the msm will make my joints stop cracking EVERY time I bend!

I am on loading doses for now and just read to take the biotin at night. I'll see if taking it on an empty stomach bothers me or not.

Hopefully, you'll see this (probably won't) just so you know I had no intention of ignoring you (how rude!
shocked.gif
). If you don't respond in a few days, I'll just copy it on to a new post to you!

Thanks for the suggestion of glucosamine and chondroitin. If the msm doesn't work without them in a couple of weeks, I'll be sure to add these two to my arsenal of supplements!

Happy Growing

Back