Indian Stores are Awesome!!!

Henrietta said:
Phew
Well your hair is gorgeous and looks definately Apl to me...exactly where i wanna be in a couple of months.
HHG:)
yeah ma I am not nasty or catty like that. I know with the net you can never tell. I am just happy to know that I am not alon ein my hair obsession. You will be there shortly I can feel it.

HoneyDew said:
I know! I used to always order my Vicco Tumeric online, but now I can just pick some up. I LOVE that stuff! It clears up spots wonderfully.
I just bought the Vicco because I want to compare it with the Himani Gold creme.
Glad to know you had good results.

Does anyone know of any Indian stores in the Baltimore area? Preferably Balt. city, county or Anne Arundel/Howard county areas. I'll even go to Laurel if I have to. It's so hard to find any stores around here. TIA

i'm in atlanta and i found one right on lavista. i thought well i will run in and grab my henna ( which i am officially addicted too :) :) ) the box was $1.99, i'm like cool let me grab 3.. then i found coconul oil for

get this ladies....

$2.99 for a 8 16oz bottle

AND IT'S IN THE HAIR CARE AISLE AND IN A BOTTLE THAT IS REALLY EASY TO USE!

****kike, brameshi, ( i can't spell) but all the stuff i see on the board all the time was there as well and all very reasonable 1.99 to 2.49
i filled up my basket, i got rose water 20oz 3.99. sweet almond oil 4.99 alma oil 2.99.:grin: my sister got a all natural face soap that's supposed to help with acne ( were really oily) with rose water and something else. she is raving about it.:lol: :lol: :lol:
plus they were really nice and cordial- somethgin you don't always get when you go the bss.:perplexed

shocol said:
Does anyone know of any Indian stores in the Baltimore area? Preferably Balt. city, county or Anne Arundel/Howard county areas. I'll even go to Laurel if I have to. It's so hard to find any stores around here. TIA

The one I found is across from security mall. On the side. Its in the shopping center across from the popeye's on the side of Security. There's a goodwill, senate auto and a bank. I don't remember the name. (danish something?) It's in the corner next to the goodwill store. I go into that shopping center all the time to pay my car insurance and never knew it was an "indian" market!:D

And I think that there's one on 33rd street where the farmer's market is on saturdays, right next to the Papa Johns pizza place. I haven't been in to check what they have. It's Halal something or other.

God's Anointed said:
I went to the Indian store today and much to my surprise, i saw my much needed peppermint oil!!! I went to an Organic grocery store and a half oz size was $7. When i went to the Indian store, i bought 100ml (about 4 oz, i think) of the peppermint oil for $7. I grabbed a bottle and didn't look back. I guess i can't be on the Use it up challenge. Oh and what does camphor do for the hair? Does it work like menthol?

Help! Does anyone know of an Indian Store in Los Angeles area?
I've been trying to find one.

thanks in advance:creatures . . . having a great Valentine's Day!

God's Anointed said:
I went to the Indian store today and much to my surprise, i saw my much needed peppermint oil!!! I went to an Organic grocery store and a half oz size was $7. When i went to the Indian store, i bought 100ml (about 4 oz, i think) of the peppermint oil for $7. I grabbed a bottle and didn't look back. I guess i can't be on the Use it up challenge. Oh and what does camphor do for the hair? Does it work like menthol?

Indian stores, thank goodness. My hair oils, Dabur in great supply. Coconut powder for great salad additions, huge bags of Sawad brand lentils, beans galore, herbs for cooking and experimenting. I love the aroma when walking in and the always curious and helpful customers. I never go there without at least $100.00 {which I never even get close to in total for a basketful of goodies!} in pocket 'cause I never know what will catch my interest.

crlsweetie912 said:
The one I found is across from security mall. On the side. Its in the shopping center across from the popeye's on the side of Security. There's a goodwill, senate auto and a bank. I don't remember the name. (danish something?) It's in the corner next to the goodwill store. I go into that shopping center all the time to pay my car insurance and never knew it was an "indian" market!:D

And I think that there's one on 33rd street where the farmer's market is on saturdays, right next to the Papa Johns pizza place. I haven't been in to check what they have. It's Halal something or other.

The one with the Wachovia? Man, I didn't know one was that close.:) Thanks, crlsweetie912!

dede1174 said:
i'm in atlanta and i found one right on lavista. i thought well i will run in and grab my henna ( which i am officially addicted too :) :) ) the box was $1.99, i'm like cool let me grab 3.. then i found coconul oil for

get this ladies....

$2.99 for a 8 16oz bottle

AND IT'S IN THE HAIR CARE AISLE AND IN A BOTTLE THAT IS REALLY EASY TO USE!

****kike, brameshi, ( i can't spell) but all the stuff i see on the board all the time was there as well and all very reasonable 1.99 to 2.49
i filled up my basket, i got rose water 20oz 3.99. sweet almond oil 4.99 alma oil 2.99.:grin: my sister got a all natural face soap that's supposed to help with acne ( were really oily) with rose water and something else. she is raving about it.:lol: :lol: :lol:
plus they were really nice and cordial- somethgin you don't always get when you go the bss.:perplexed

Where on Lavista?:ohwell:

Amylee said:
I Also use dabur Vatika and Hesh for my oil and herbs: it's the best for me.

For henna I buy henne color (black) and henne natur (black and chesnut). These do not contain metallic salts, only organic stuff :)

I make my own amla oil, because the dabur one has mineral oil in it. I mix amla powder with coconut oil that has been warmed up. Let that sit for a few day in a dark place and it's ready
Amylee,
Thanks for the tip! I just left an Indian Store and I picked up some rose water, amla powder, almond oil, and coconut oil. I'm going to make my own alma oil per your recipe. Thanks, girl!

amwcah said:
Amylee,
Thanks for the tip! I just left an Indian Store and I picked up some rose water, amla powder, almond oil, and coconut oil. I'm going to make my own alma oil per your recipe. Thanks, girl!

You're welcome ;)

I forgot to say, I use 1 part of amla for 3 parts of coconut oil. And I shake the mixture really well before the oil solidifies. Last time I let it sit 48hours in my cupboard.

Amylee said:
You're welcome ;)

I forgot to say, I use 1 part of amla for 3 parts of coconut oil. And I shake the mixture really well before the oil solidifies. Last time I let it sit 48hours in my cupboard.

Thanks for the recipe! I love the Dabur Amla but I hate the mineral oil in it. I will try this with coconut and maybe even with some other oils. :)

patient1 said:
I highly recommend the Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil ESPECIALLY for anyone that has a dry or flaky scalp. I've seen it work its magic on a few clients. I don't have dandruff, but I've put it on my scalp for stimulation and EWWWWW WEEEEEE!!!

p1

ITA!!! Ladies don't sleep on this oil! It's great for the scalp AND it's sooooooooooo wonderful on sore muscles.

I also want to know this. Also, if there's an Indian store in Brooklyn, please list it here. :D

LUVMYNATURAL said:
Anyone living in manhattan, can you tell me where a good Indian store is? Thanks :)

Maaaan, this all sounds so sweet!!! I wish I could find a local Indian store in downtown Brooklyn! Someone please PM me if you know of one.

Today I bought some rose water (don't know what to so with it yet), some aritha powder, alma powder and shikakai powder, all for 9.96. :eek:
After reading the aritha box I think I can use some of this for my babies scalp issues. I was wondering if I could mix it and after going to fromnaturewithlove.com, it looks like I can! They also had coconut oil for very cheap, but I had just bought some from the health food store. How about I left there and went to Sally's bc they are right next door. There was another oil that I wanted to research, anoop or something like that. Dlewis alma paste, Amylee's oil mix...but I forgot to buy gloves dangit

Last edited:
shocol said:

Check out this website: http://www.thokalath.com/grocery/index.php (It's a directory for Indian stores in the US)

There are a couple of Indian stores in the Baltimore area, and in laurel

Back