Indian hair products

Maxitonia

which indian hair products is the best, an indian store just opened down the block and I would like to try some of their hair stuff and I need help picking whicj products to buy. Thanks

I love the Vatika oil and the Amla oil. They both work well as oil rinses and hot oil treatments for me. And, of course, there's henna.

My boyfriend is half Indian and his family has a whole bunch of Indian hair products that they swear by. I'll call them tomorrow to find out which ones. I've been meaning to find out but I keep forgetting lol. I'll definitely post as soon as they get back to me.

Swastik Shikakai shampoo bar is nice and leaves my hair so soft. The only thing that worries me is the fact that there is no ingredients on the box. Shikakai powder is good too. Infuse it with hot water when cool strain and use to rinse hair. Aritha powder is also good. Neem oil is really good, though it stinks to high heaven. Use neem as a pre-poo for several hours it makes my natural hair feel strong yet soft and fluffy. I also use amla oil and powder. I recently hennaed with body art henna (1 box mixed with 3 tbs lemon juice, 1.5 cup strong brewed coffee, 3 tbs oils and 2 tbs rosewater)- AMAZING! I use other indian stuff but I cannot spell them

I did see Vatika oil and Amla oil but wanted to ask here first. Does henna give you any hair color?

Yes it does. If you do not want the colour , just the conditioning effects use cassia or add a dollop of conditioner to your henna and less colour will deposit. To cover greys fully you need to henna about 4 times (1 weekly to once monthly) and eventually it will cover they greys fully and permanently - until it grows out. Natural henna colour is reddish. If you want brown or black add indigo accordingly. Only use body art henna as it is 100 natural.

I love Vatika and Ramtirth hair oils. I avoid anything mineral oil based so I do read labels. It's all about that coconut oil baby!

As for powders, shikakai is essential for my washes and I add brahmi, amla, and neem (all by Hesh). If I can find it, I use Godrej Nupur with henna, brahmi, amla, and bhringraj. I don't really get color from henna because I never use it straight, I don't leave it on very long and I do not add acids, etc. to boost the colorant properties.

Have fun with Indian hair care. I have found it works well for me and I am slowly hooking my family!

Back