increasing blood circulation (for more hair growth

sarina0000

If I put an ice cube in a pastic bag and put it on my scap for a few seconds will the blood circulation to my scap increase. Because I heard someone say that when you get cold your blood circulation increases so you can warm up. If this is true, will I might see more hair growth?

When your body gets cold, it sends signals to the brain to increase the temperature inside your entire body so that it can maintain a stable environmental temperature of 96 degrees, I believe. I don't think putting an ice pack on your scalp would be intense enough to deliver a signal to your brain to heat up the rest of the body. I believe it takes the entire body to fall below a certain temperature, thus enhancing the need to shiver and other key signals that the brain would need to recognize in order to respond.

I don't think so. Cold constricts the blood vessels decreasing blood flow. Yes, once the temperature stablized you would return to the normal amount of blood flow.But it wouldn't be improved. I would suggest buying a vibrating brush. that will definatly increase circulation. slant boards help w/ circulation too.

Alos, when your entire body temp. drops below normal, your body cuts of circulation to your hands and feet to increase flow to your brain and vital organs. Your body would never let your head temp. drop too much anyway.

Its like a chasie lounge with no arms and its slanted in one direction so part of your body is elevated higher than the other. You lay on it so your legs are higher than your head and gravity forces more blood to your head. I think its kinda extreme but it works.

Do you think that will give you the same results as putting your head up side down for a few seconds? Cause I want the back of my head to grow as fast as my sides and top.

[ QUOTE ]
sarina0000 said:
Do you think that will give you the same results as putting your head up side down for a few seconds? Cause I want the back of my head to grow as fast as my sides and top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Yogis seem to believe headstands not only help with circulation and hence hair growth but also bring a lot of other benefits: http://www.holistic-online.com/Yoga/hol_yoga_pos_headstand.htm

So I think whatever you can do to bring blood to your head will help with your circulation, be it bending forward or hanging your head over the edge of a bed. Perhaps your follicles will thank you if you massaged your scalp as suggested in this thread to further stimulate your scalp while in that position. I'd imagine breathing properly, nice and deep (not shallow), wouldn't hurt either, so that the blood arrives at your follicles replete with oxygen.
wink.gif

And this is where being healthy overall is so important. There's no point doing all of this if the blood reaching your scalp is starved of oxygen and nutrients. So eat right and exercise regularly; get your body in optimum health so that like a perfect machine, it works efficiently, eliminating toxins that interfere with absorption and assimilating the useful nutrients without waste. When you focus on overall health, your hair can't help but reap the fruits of your positive lifestyle. After all, it's only when the rest of the body has had a good helping of the available nutrients (all you can eat buffet?
grin.gif
) that our nails and hair get to taste whatever the blood is serving coz there's more to go around.

Back