In Tears.... Please help

Iluvsmuhgrass

I went on vacation and had an updo that was geled down. I got home and immediately pre-pooed, washed, and deep pooed again. The consistency of the gel took on a chewing gum like consistency and I thought WTF is this ish in my hair?! I washed several times using a clarifier and deep conditioned afterwards using NTM serum and oils with NTM leave in. I detangled in the shower and omg the hair. I lost a handful (literally) of WET hair. My BF came in after he heard me say oh my God. He agreed that it was alot of hair which says alot because he has super thick waist length hair.

Yall I am so hurt. I called and asked the stylist what to do about it and she says she used a light alcohol on my hair. Now my hair is dry and frizzy. I can't tell where the damage is exactly, I'm just trying to do damage control. I'm only about 6-7 weeks post relaxer and my hair sure as hell was NOT breaking like this. Please advise. I've been in tears all day.

Keep in mind that I don't have alot of funds so I need a reasonable way (cost wise) to correct my hair damage. I've worked so hard... everyone had been telling me how healthy my hair looks and how much it's grown.... this setback makes me just heartsick.

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I went on vacation and had an updo that was geled down. I got home and immediately pre-pooed, washed, and deep pooed again. The consistency of the gel took on a chewing gum like consistency and I thought WTF is this ish in my hair?! I washed several times using a clarifier and deep conditioned afterwards using NTM serum and oils with NTM leave in. I detangled in the shower and omg the hair. I lost a handful (literally) of WET hair. My BF came in after he heard me say oh my God. He agreed that it was alot of hair which says alot because he has super thick waist length hair.

Yall I am so hurt. I called and asked the stylist what to do about it and she says she used a light alcohol on my hair. Now my hair is dry and frizzy. I can't tell where the damage is exactly, I'm just trying to do damage control. I'm only about 6-7 weeks post relaxer and my hair sure as hell was NOT breaking like this. Please advise. I've been in tears all day.

Keep in mind that I don't have alot of funds so I need a reasonable way (cost wise) to correct my hair damage. I've worked so hard... everyone had been telling me how healthy my hair looks and how much it's grown.... this setback makes me just heartsick.

This thread may help you: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=93610&highlight=supergirl

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm trying not to but it's hard. I just hate that i've been pampering, not using heat, moisturizing, and etc. for something to happen and jack up my progress. :(

Did you get all of the product out? I would think oil would help to get rid of the gel like substance, kind of like how oil removes glue and gum from a table?

Once all the substance is gone I would clarify and condition with a truly moisturizing conditioner for about 1 hour with no heat and a plastic cap. Make sure you choose a conditioner with little protein.

Please keep us posted, sorry to hear this. I would cry to if it happened to me.

Sheesh, sounds like u need a new stylist. :hammer: What the heck is a light alcohol?!:mad: I hope u R able to bounce back. We got yr back here. Sucks when all your progress seems lost. Someone here will be able to help

Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry this happened to you! If it's any consolation, the way I am able to get over past setbacks and hair sins, is when I think how we shed between 50-100 hairs a day, eventually all that damaged hair will be shed away. I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's how I like to look at things. :look:

I hope you feel better, we're all here to support you, girl! ;)

I am so sorry to hear this. You might want to try doing a few deep moisturizing treatments and keeping your hair up for a week or so. Also are you sure that the hair you lost is not regular shedding? I ask because you unless I read wrong you said you wore you hair in a bun for a week. Hair sheds 50-100 strands a day so if you have not combed you hair for a week you should have seven days worth of shedding that has accumulated.

Whatever the case may be I am sure you will get excellent advice here. I know it is hard, but try not to feel defeated. I am sure your hair will be fine, just give it some tlc:)

If you still have product in your hair you may want to try poroisity control(I don't know if I spelled that right) conditioner and put on a plastic cap and sit under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes. it will also give your hair back it's moisture and softness. I'm so sorry to hear that about your hair.

I'm sorry this happened. I'm not sure what to recommend other then moisturizing treatments, and detangling under the shower to make sure you get all the gel out. I'm sure you'll pull through, just keep us posted :kiss:.

I would try Aveda Damage Remedy. Maybe just buy the treatment and ask for a sample of the conditioner. This stuff really works. Hope this helps.

the cheapest soloution, and most natural would be the avocado recipe i've posted a while back.

thats full of moisture and protein and will hopefully fix everything.

It sounds like she got carried away with product, trying to help you with a vacation hairstyle that would stay put. One time I remember when I was moving to a new city and was still relaxed, this hairstylist was worried about me finding a new stylist and she over-relaxed my hair, saying she wanted to make sure it was really straight, she meant well I guess, but soon as I got to the new city my hair started shedding like crazy. I'm really sorry this happened and I hope everything works out. Hang in there.

I'm sorry this happened to you, I feel your pain (believe me).
For an inexpensive treatment, try some mayonnaise and if you have some olive oil put a little of that in the mayo.
Let it sit on your hair for about a half an hour with a plastic cap or steamy towel. Then rinse shampoo and condition. HTH

If it were me I would get this ASAP
7811270214.jpg

It's a regular shampoo but it is said that this stuff is really good at stripping anything from hair. It's called Prell and I have seen it in Walgreens CVS and other drugstores. They even say that it will take out color REALLy good, so I am sure it will get out gel. It is rec. from other forums.

Anyways, I would follow with a light protein treat such as Aubrey Organics or Nexxus Keraphix (reccommended) or Aveda Damage Remedy Treatment (highly reccommend).

Then I would follow up with a highly moisturizing treatment WITH heat and a plastic cap.

((((Hugz)))) Girl, don't worry about it, you'll get through it. And let us know how things work out.

testimony777 said:
I am so sorry to hear this. You might want to try doing a few deep moisturizing treatments and keeping your hair up for a week or so. Also are you sure that the hair you lost is not regular shedding? I ask because you unless I read wrong you said you wore you hair in a bun for a week. Hair sheds 50-100 strands a day so if you have not combed you hair for a week you should have seven days worth of shedding that has accumulated.

Whatever the case may be I am sure you will get excellent advice here. I know it is hard, but try not to feel defeated. I am sure your hair will be fine, just give it some tlc:)
16.gif

Back