In SMall Town Texas Where is a Sistah Supposed To Go????

Hypnotic_LT

So, I live in small town Texas in the lower right side, not too far from Chorpus Christi. The problem I am having is there are NO black salons in my town. There aren't even any hair places. I have to drive 35 mins to get to a place that's rather small to get SOME products and then call it a day I suppose...I'm still looking for a way to get some ApHogee without going on line lol. Anyway. Any sistahs in Texas know of some places to go so that when I am ready to do some length checks I can get my hair straightened right and safely or to get my dusting when needed to (I don't know how to do my own:wallbash:) If anyone has some tips, places, or even some thoughts PLEASE HELP!!!!:help2: TIA

No clue sweetie, sorry. Maybe you should post in the salon review forum as well. They might have some good suggestions.

If you're near the Clear Lake area, there is a black salon called Alpha Vogue. I used to get my hair done while relaxed and they did a good job at the time. That was back in 2006. Here's the info:

18033 Point Lookout Drive
Houston, TX 77058-3538
(281) 333-1917

There are also some black beauty supply stores. I'll get you that info in a sec.

And here's a black beauty supply store I frequent:

Yolanda Beauty Supply
375 El Dorado Blvd
Webster, TX 77598-2206

I hate that with a passion. Sorry, no other tips other than ordering online and gathering all the info you can to become a DIYer. Best wishes on your journey.

I feel your pain! There is absolutely nothing here! Sorry I can't help I live no where close to there

How are walmart/ targets / CVS / Walgreens hair products there? I figure when I settle down here, I'll stock up on what utterly important online and settle for what I can find in those stores. Are you sure there are no Sally's Beauty supply store around you... Seems like there are a TON of them in Texas every time I do a location search

Okay, I don't know why I thought Corpus Christi was within minutes of Galveston. Sorry about that. Scratch the info above. I live near Galveston. I cosign on Walmart though they don't have much of an aisle with "our" products.

The best thing I can suggest is as the ladies above stated - ordering online.

http://texasbeautysupplies.com/ has fast shipping.

I feel your pain! There is absolutely nothing here! Sorry I can't help I live no where close to there

How are walmart/ targets / CVS / Walgreens hair products there? I figure when I settle down here, I'll stock up on what utterly important online and settle for what I can find in those stores. Are you sure there are no Sally's Beauty supply store around you... Seems like there are a TON of them in Texas every time I do a location search

The problem with Sally's in certain small towns is they don't stock "black" products. I've been disappointed each time I walk into Sally's looking for LustraSilk or ElastaQp and they don't have it.

The problem with Sally's in certain small towns is they don't stock "black" products. I've been disappointed each time I walk into Sally's looking for LustraSilk or ElastaQp and they don't have it.

Hey loolalooh:wave:. You're in my neck of the woods!!! Yay!
But OP, I would suggest using products that are not necessarily geared toward AA. You can get great products for your hair that are typically used by other races. Maybe request some help with product selections. Someone should be able to help you out. So your Sally's doesn't have Aphogee?? I agree with checking out Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreens.... Good luck!

ITA to both of these :yep:. I actually currently go to Alpha Vogue and yes, they still do a great job and I pick up my hair supplies from Yolanda Beauty Supply.

If you're near the Clear Lake area, there is a black salon called Alpha Vogue. I used to get my hair done while relaxed and they did a good job at the time. That was back in 2006. Here's the info:

18033 Point Lookout Drive
Houston, TX 77058-3538
(281) 333-1917

There are also some black beauty supply stores. I'll get you that info in a sec.

And here's a black beauty supply store I frequent:

Yolanda Beauty Supply
375 El Dorado Blvd
Webster, TX 77598-2206

Well, thanks ladies for all the responses. I am not near Houston, as you figured lol, but thank you so much for the information! There is a Sally in Victoria but is doesn't cater really to blacks...Well I use products that are not specifically targeted to sistah, so I understand that, but I can't find ApHogee in the walmart here :nono: oh well....I would love to be DIY if I didn't think I would damage my hair trying, but you have to start somewhere I suppose!!!! right now I use the Bee Mine products, oils, and then I turn right around and use my Biolage and HE lol, it just depends lol.

Wait, I have been to Corpus and I thought there was a Sally's. All Sally's carry Aphogee. It isn't marketed to just ethnic hair. You may also want to hit the Marshall's, Ross and TJ Maxx. You might be pleasantly surprised at what you find.

Back