In Search of Hair Salons and Hair Shops in Germany

CaramelKiss

Hello Ladies Living in Germany,
Can any of you recommend any hair salons or shops which sell quality hair products? The popular products here are by Garnier, Schwarzkopf, Loreal and Pantene. Also, Loreal and Pantene doesn't appear to have the complete line of products which are available in the States. As for the products I have used here, the results have been...well.. tolerable. Wella is the product of choice at many hair salons, but it contains a lot of alcohol.

The "Afroshops" (Germany's black/ethnic hair stores- I don't know if this term is used anywhere else) tend to carry products which are heavy on petroleum, alcohols, and silicons (lots of gunky hair grease!) I have not found products like Creme of Nature, Nexxus, Paul Mitchell, Mizani, etc. So far, I've been shopping online through the UK, but I can't always check up on the products' ingredients. Many of the websites will list a few but not all.

If you know of places or have any suggestions, please let me know!!!!

I used to go to a shop in Weisbaden that carried a nice assortment of tools and products. It was near the Air Base there. Also, I should think there'd be places in/around Kaiserslautern or Frankfurt.

where in germany are you?

i agree with frankfurt and hamburg too. a few places in munich as well, including a hair salon

Back