"in our heads about our hair" documentary trailer

mech

it's about 2 mins long.

http://vimeo.com/35237955

A documentary that examines with candor and humor Black women’s issues regarding hair and self-esteem, and advocates for the acceptance of all hairstyle choices.

Directed by Hemamset Angaza

Produced by Anu Prestonia, Maitefa Angaza and Paulette Maat Kesa Tabb

Dangit...I can't watch it from my phone :( I'll have to view it when I get home.

sunnieb - what are you not saying? Was there something about the documentary you didn't care for?

OMG the girl with bald head need to model

LOL! I was thinking when I saw her "yeah...when you look like that you can be bald and say 'oh it's so nice not doing anything to my hair.' Puh-leez!" Wish I would. Even my super-supportive husband said he'd have to object to me choosing to wear a bald head (actually it was a Mr. T mohawk--but close enough! :lachen:)

I like the way this looks.
I love what that one lady said about if she wears a fro on Monday and a press on Friday,(or something to that effect) she hasn't lost any love for herself in that time period. i can so agree!

All I know is that somebody, somewhere, needs to do a better job than Chris Rock at examining black women and their hair. It's a fascinating subject and I think a thoughtful, well-done doc would definitely increase understanding and acceptance.

Back