:::In NEED of Help:::

AnjelLuvs

To all the bun people out there. What exactly is the rave about doin buns and keeping your hair in it.
How does it work?
How do u not get split ends from bruching hair while wet into a pony tail?
I have heard people from the board talk about it very often and I need a new style besides the braidouts!

this is how i do it,

i wash and condition my hair. then i use l'oreal serum to detangle. my hair is damp and after using the serum it is pretty easy to comb through it with a fine tooth comb. at first i detangle with a wide tooth comb of course. then i make a side part or middle part and smooth my hair back into a ponytail. i then make my bun.

i think buns are good for hair in general cause the length of the hair is not exposed. the hair don't rub against anything. that way it is secured and it stays moisturized all day long.

After I shampoo and condition my hair, I put a little moisturizer and serum on my hair. I smooth my hair back and gather my hair at the base. I then twist my hair and then coil it into a bun.

Like Nay007, I think buns are good for the hair (well, at least for my hair) due to the length not being exposed. The hair stays nice and moist all day long.
smile.gif

does it matter what the length is?

what about your roots, if u have new growth?

I guess I am not understanding how you make a smooth ponytail with out the use of a brush.

Hi Anjel
wave.gif

When my hair was relaxed, I used to be able to put my hair into a teeny pony braid and tuck it under without the use of a brush (teeny because my hair was only about 6 inches long scalp to ends). I just used a comb and my hands to smooth my hair back. I didn't know it then but I now see that this was a protective style.

shorthairoct2000noface-vi.jpg

Anjel, keeping the ends hidden from the air stops them drying. And it is the oldest hair that has endured the most abuse which is why it needs the greatest TLC. The roots or newer hair is usually a lot healthier and stronger so we can risk not protecting it from the air. And as has already been mentioned, buns protect hair from friction with clothes.

If you want to, you can use a brush (up to you). Sometimes I do, and sometimes I don't. You can also put a scarf on for a few minutes to smooth it out. I do this with new growth all the time (get my hair relaxed every four months). Try it for yourself and see how it works out.

u could also use pomade to smooth ur edges i have almost a half inch of new growth so it does make it harder to look smooth but a little pomade or gel will get it perfect

Back