In Need of HELP Starting a New Regimen!!

RemyRem

Hi, im new to the site im a junior in college and cut my hair my freshman year. Now i want to grow it back.

As of now i really dont have a regimen. i use mane n' tail herbal gro shampoo and conditioner. sometimes i use ORS olive oil creamy shampoo and profectiv daily leave- in strengthener. im in need of some assistance.

Oh and if you could help me out with vitamins you use it would be great.

Attached are two pictures. the shorter one being my hair now, and the longer one was my hair in october of 2010.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 68811_165582260134005_4015442_n.jpg
    68811_165582260134005_4015442_n.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 61
Hi, im new to the site im a junior in college and cut my hair my freshman year. Now i want to grow it back.

As of now i really dont have a regimen. i use mane n' tail herbal gro shampoo and conditioner. sometimes i use ORS olive oil creamy shampoo and profectiv daily leave- in strengthener. im in need of some assistance.

Attached are two pictures. the shorter one being my hair now, and the longer one was my hair in october of 2010.

your hair looks healthy so with the right practices you should have no problem growing it back to the length it was an beyond.

Do you use heat often? The fastest/easiest route will be protective styling and limited heat, and keeping your moisture/protein balance in check. How often do you relax?

WELCOME!!

Your hair looks healthy and full! How often do you shampoo and condition? Do you have any deep conditioners? I suggest purchasing a moisture based and a protein based conditioner. Also, how do you wear your hair normally? is your hair color treated?

WELCOME :welcome: to the LHCF family!!! :bighug:

If you've never had a haircare regimen before, I can tell you its going to take some time for you to find out exactly what your hair likes and dislikes. But as others have already mentioned, your hair looks pretty full and healthy, so you may already be halfway there without even knowing it. Here, you will find lots of suggestions, ideas, and recommendations. Remember to take things slow as you go. Know that it takes more than just one or two uses to determine if your hair actually likes a product.

I'll start out by sharing with you "MY" current regimen. As others chime in with what works for "THEM" it will be your job to pull the pieces together for yourself and create a plan of action that works for you.

I'm thinking you'll probably need to learn a few of the most use acronyms, too. Like DC=deep condition, M&S=moisturize and seal, HHJ=Happy Haircaire Journey...

Anyway...here's my regimen:
Wash and DC weekly
Air Dry only
Henna monthly
M&S daily
PS....ummmm.....forever!!
weekly overnite hot oil treatment.

Growth aids:
HAIRFINITY vitiamins (...da bomb!!!)
Tropical Isle Strong Roots Red Pimento & Castor Oil hair growth oil.

Keep asking questions....you'll learn fast.

WELCOME again!!

Welcome RemyRem are you relaxed or natural?
Im natural I wash and DC (deep condition) weekly I CW (conditioner wash) once mid week. M&S (moisturize and seal) everyday and PS (protective style) everyday. Hth

I have a really good, cheap multivitimin you can try. It's called Multi-Day Trade; Multi-Vitamin Plus Minerals.

You can get it at puritan's pride website. I have been using it for about a year and half, I believe. I feel like they helped aid in keeping my hair healthy. :look:

Welcome!!! :newbie:
My reggie:
*M&S : I try to do every night or at least once a week
*CO: 2x's a week
*DC: 2x's a week
*Baggy: Once a week
*Trims: 2x a year
*Relax: 2x a year
*Color: 2x a year
*Light Protein: Once a week & only after a fresh relaxer (my hair doesn't do to well w/ protein when I am at 4mths post)
*Heavy Protein: 2x's a year or when needed

Products:
*M&S: I use Elasta Qp Mango Butter (Mango Butter is for when my hair is straight) or S-Curl Moisturizer (S-curl is for when I am streching my relaxers)

*CO: I use: Suave Coconut confditioner, As I am Argan Conditioner or K-Pak Joico (For a light protein)

*DC: I use Queen Helene Cholesterol & mix in: Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, sulfur, coconut oil, argon oil, shea butter, tea tree oil, alma oil, jasmine oil, glycerin and naravanta oil

*Baggy: I use crecepelo & glycerin

*Relax: Mizani Butter Blend

*Light Protein: Kpak by Joico

*Heavy Protein: Aphogee 2-step

Time
*Baggy: Overnight (If I have time)
*DC: 1 hr
*CO: 2 min

I baggy, dc, co all at the same time. The relaxer,color and trims I get done at a salon. I do dustings once a month.

Good Luck & remember you have to use/do what's best for your hair.

your hair looks healthy so with the right practices you should have no problem growing it back to the length it was an beyond.

Do you use heat often? The fastest/easiest route will be protective styling and limited heat, and keeping your moisture/protein balance in check. How often do you relax?

I relax my hair about once every two months.

WELCOME!!

Your hair looks healthy and full! How often do you shampoo and condition? Do you have any deep conditioners? I suggest purchasing a moisture based and a protein based conditioner. Also, how do you wear your hair normally? is your hair color treated?

shampoo my hair maybe every two weeks. I dont have any deep conditioners. Usually I either flat iron my hair or put it up in a ponytail when im too lazy.

Back