IN NEED OF HELP... from anyone with 3a/b hair

Purtygurly

My boyfriend is going to let me do his hair for my birthday. lol It's on Sunday.

He has a totally different hair type than mine... I have mostly 4a with 3c... he has 3a in the back and 3b in the front.

Anyways, he wants his curls to be very defined, but he wants them to stay shiny and "Wet looking" too.

This is what I was going to do:

Wash his hair with nexxus therappe
Deep condition for 25 mins with humectress
rinse it out and put Wgo, ORS olive oil moisturizer, razac leave in conditioner and curl activator gel.
Then I was going to just leave it and let it air dry.

I was thinking about putting a hair glosser in too... for shine. I was also thinking about switching the olive oil lotion with s-curl.

Well, what do you think? Would those products work with his hair? Do you have any tips/product recommendations?

This is very important to me cuz we're going out... I want it to look nice.
smile.gif

I think you could probably eliminate the WGO, and only use a tiny amount of the ORS and teensy bit of leave in conditioner. Curl activator gel gives a wet look, so you won't need probably won't need S-curl or glosser either. his hair will be really moisturized from the deep conditioning and you don't want to weigh his curls down too much.

My BF has 4a hair, and all he uses is the curl activator curl, and thats plenty! I know others will chime in, but I think with his hair type, less is more!

(this is all just my theory, but I hope it helps a bit!)

Thanks Kaela
smile.gif
I know that I can't load his hair up with the whole bottle of a product.

Hmmm... Do any of you think that a conditioner wash be better to bring out the curls?

Not sure
look.gif
about that one, but it certainly wouldn't be as fun! Maybe that could be the back-up plan
wink.gif

I know some knowledgeable ladies will offer some tips!

My husband has a mix of 2c/3a hair and he gets the look youre talking about from washing his hair like regular, towel drying (not completely just so it's not dripping) and taking about a 2 quarter sizes of Suave Coconut conditioner and putting it thru his hair. his curls are defined and his hair has the wet look all day (which i dont care much for--but he says he looks neater that way) anyway it does indeed work. right now his hair is 2 inches long and this works perfectly for him. HTH --jainygirl

i have pretty much the same hairtype, id eliminate the oil altogether, use only a small dab of oil moisturizer and the gel will do the trick. Also you wont need the glosser or scurl, it will look like he has a jheri curl rather that defined curls. So yeah just the oil moisturizer and the gel will define his curls perfectly

oh yeah i also use mango butter as well to define my curls and it stays wet loking all day, check out my album if you want

Back