In Need of a Good Damaged Hair Regimen

MzLady78

I'm trying to figure out a regimen so that I can begin my healthy hair journey but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. I've started out by clarifying and doing a Aphogee treatment to try to curb the breakage. I have a bunch of products that I'm not really sure how to use (if that ain't a PJ, I don't know what is. :lol:

Products:
-Surge 14 (I really have not clue what I should be doing with this, I bought it cause I saw that a lot of you use or have used it)
-Elasta QP Mango Butter
- WGO, Castor Oil and EVOO
-NTM Silk Leave in
-S-Curl
-ORS Olive Oil (jar) and Replenishing Pak
-Salerm 21

Any suggestions?

Also since I've done a heavy protein treatment, should I now be limiting how much protein I use on a daily basis and concentrating more on keeping it mosturized?

MzLady78 said:
I'm trying to figure out a regimen so that I can begin my healthy hair journey but I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. I've started out by clarifying and doing a Aphogee treatment to try to curb the breakage. I have a bunch of products that I'm not really sure how to use (if that ain't a PJ, I don't know what is. :lol:

Products:
-Surge 14 (I really have not clue what I should be doing with this, I bought it cause I saw that a lot of you use or have used it)
-Elasta QP Mango Butter
- WGO, Castor Oil and EVOO
-NTM Silk Leave in
-S-Curl
-ORS Olive Oil (jar) and Replenishing Pak
-Salerm 21

Any suggestions?

Also since I've done a heavy protein treatment, should I now be limiting how much protein I use on a daily basis and concentrating more on keeping it mosturized?

Hey girl..
I'd suggest that since you've done a heavy protein, you stay away from protein for a while and do Loads of moisture treatments. This will mean deep conditioning your hair weekly.
Try Low manipulation cos if your hair is not very strong, the strands are more likely to break. This means little or no combing unless your hair is soaked in conditioner.

Moisturise your hair daily and try using a good oil to seal. I Looove WGO oil for sealing....Its not made my hair grow, but i notice it keeps my strands softer when used to seal. Your Elasta QP Mango butter should be good as a daily moisturiser which you could use before sealing. I'm not a big fan myself cos it made my hair a bit hard:(...If you have the same problem, i'd suggest you use profectiv breakfree...THis has been amazing on my hair.
Your evoo will be great for a pre-poo treatment.
I llove s-curl cos it makes hair soft...but it can make hair too soft...I've bought some infusium leave in treatment for chemically treated hair, and i've mixed it with My s-curl...now when i use it....:p...bliss

When i joined LHCF last month my hair was damaged, years of Monthly relaxers, weave marathons and no hair care had left my hair extremely damaged as well...but just after a month, my hair is def in good shape;)

You're gonna b fine girl...but a word of warning....Get in touch with your hair. When you ask for advice, you will sometimes hear advice that may not work for you...This is not because anyone would ever mislead you intentionally, but because they are telling you what has worked for their hair....as many people have differing hair types and hair needs, its important that you try many suggestions and settle on a regimen that YOUR hair loves.

HHG:lachen::lachen:

Hi..I had to jump on this... as I'm new here and was wondering ..when you write stay away from protein, as an aphogee was done ...which products would that be.:) :) ? I was also wondering what are good moisturizers....for 3c and 4b hair....thanks so much!!!;) ;)

Hey girl :wave: I've used all the products you've bought and love them. Except for the Elasta QP Mango Butter, it made my hair very hard. Anywho, I use the surge on my edges and it's helped them grow out. The WGO works wonders on your new growth. The oils are good to seal your ends or pre-poos. The Olive Oil is heavenly sent- VERY moisturizing. The feel of my hair will improve within hours when it's dry. It also makes my new growth soft and help pull/stretch it so I don't look like a helmet head when I do Sylver's scarf method. NTM is my favorite leave-in and Salerm is the other one I'm currently using. SCurl keeps my hair very soft, especially good for baggying or new growth. HTH.

londonjakki said:
Hi..I had to jump on this... as I'm new here and was wondering ..when you write stay away from protein, as an aphogee was done ...which products would that be.:) :) ? I was also wondering what are good moisturizers....for 3c and 4b hair....thanks so much!!!;) ;)

Hiya:lachen:
Umm... i guess i mean protein reconstructors. Quite a few moisturisers contain protein, but you'll have to check out the ingredient list... Aphogee is very heavy and when i first joined i used it but few days later, used a reconstructor..
My hair became very brittle and began breaking madly!!
It took many moisture treatments to re-balance my hair!
For moisture, Elasta DP DPR 11 has been good to me for deep conditioning treatments. I also love Mane N Tail deep moisturising condtioner...:p
My daily moisturisers have been Profectiv breakfree(mixed with profectiv healthy-ends) and WGHO or almond oil to seal. I havent used surge but i may give it a try once i figure out where in London i'm gonna find it..its supposed to be really good!!
This being said, my hair is type 4a/b...
Ope this helps!

Is your hair dry? That was my problem. My hair was very dry and damaged. Several inches had to be cut off. UBH is very good. B&B with castor oil is one I'll use if I can't find my UBH moisturizer. BBD Stretch Creme is costly but makes a good moisturizing treatment on a weekly basis.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. It seems like I've been doing pretty good so far. I have been mixing the S-Curl with Infusium like Henrietta suggested and will start using the Surge on my edges like blueabyss was saying. I guess now I just have to find the best shampoo and conditioner and figure out what washing frequency works best for my hair. I should probably still to weekly for while to limit the amount of manipulation since it's a little damage, huh?

HWAY said:
Is your hair dry? That was my problem. My hair was very dry and damaged. Several inches had to be cut off. UBH is very good. B&B with castor oil is one I'll use if I can't find my UBH moisturizer. BBD Stretch Creme is costly but makes a good moisturizing treatment on a weekly basis.

Yeah, it definitely gets dry. But since I started reading on this forum, I've been better about keeping it moisturized. All these years I had no idea you had to seal in the moisture, so I've been bagging every night and will continue to do so until my hair is in better shape. Then maybe I start doing some other protective styles.

Back