In DIRE need of moisture; What are the MOST MOISTURIZING Poo's, DC's, Leave-In's?

Shampoo:
**disclaimer I prefer non stripping to moisturizing, I don't like shampoos that leave film and build up**
Mizani True Textures Curl Balance Moisturizing Sulfate-Free Shampoo

Curls Unleashed Lavish in Lather Sulfate Free Shampoo

Arganics Infinite Moisturizing Shampoo

Mizani Butter Blend Balance Hair Bath ( I have hard water, I used this to chelate)

Quantum Clarifying shampoo (it's a clarifying but it leaves my hair clean and soft, I only use this once in a while)

African Pride Shea Butter Detangling Shampoo (has SLES, cleans without stripping)

Quantum Moisturizing Shampoo (has SLES, cleans without stipping, I use when I need more cleansing but don't want to clarify)

Silk dreams Go Moist Shampoo

Deep Conditioner:

KeraPRO Restorative Treatment for Dry to Very Dry Hair (has silicone)

Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment (has silicone)

White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner (silicone free)

Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Cream Moisture Dream (silicone free)

In addition to all that was mentioned...Aubrey Organic Rosa Mosqueta and tea rinsing (some suggested tea's: marshmallow root, slippery elm).

Aubrey Organics GPB (best of all AO's), Shea Moisture (sulfate free) shampoo, and Komaza Califia Leave-in or Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner for leave in. I don't really think of shampoo's as moisturizing; I dilute them and use only on scalp-- they are good at cleaning the scalp. Conditioners and oils are good for cleaning and keeping hair moist.

For me these give me moisture for days !!!

Shampoo
Hairveda amala creme rinse
HQS coconut lime co-cleanser
as i am coconut cowash

Deep Conditioner
SD vanilla silk
SD chocolate bliss
Hairveda Sitrinillah

Leave-In/Moisturizer
CJ honey Butta
Hairveda whipped ends
HQS greaseless moisture
Carols Daughter TUI leave in
aloe vera juice

Hair Oil/Styling Product
Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie
Shea Moisture curling souffle
HQS 5 day moisture

Remember though that even though that you are embarking on your moisture journey ... you gotta throw some protein in too :yep:

Just making sure :)
I was neglecting my protein game and it was hindering my retention, so I just wanted to make sure you didnt slip down that slope :lachen:

I have been getting great results from a bunch of Sally's products:

--one n' only Argan Oil poo and con (using the Restorative Mask to DC when I remember)
--Silk Elements Mixed Silk Leave-in Conditioner
--and I have recently added SE Foam Styling Lotion as my leave-in for hold (I had been using Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion, but I found it to be too drying, although I persevered in my own personal use-one/buy-one challenge)
--I occasionally (about every third wash) add in Sally's generic Redken Extreme Anti-Snap for a protein boost

I have been transitioning with small trims since Spring, and my hair is really thriving on these products. I know everything ain't for everyone, but this has been working for me! My hair has been very soft without feeling mushy.

When I get some time, I will post pics of my newly (about 90 percent) natural hair--I wish I knew then what I know now because I would have transitioned long ago...

AO Honeysuckle conditioner
AO White Camilla
Giovanni smooth as silk
System 911 conditioner daily remedy for damaged hair

I think regular co-washing (I know this is probably impractical for most people with winter coming up) even with a run of the mill non dc conditioner (something like Aussie Moist), 1 decent hydrating mask to dc with, a creamy leave-in and medium oil (like olive) to seal with are going to get you where you want to be moisture-wise over a short time. A lot of the products mentioned are great, but spending so much money is unnecessary.

Shampoo: I have been using one of the Hair One sulfate-free cleansers (Sweet Almond) from Sally's and so far it leaves my hair SOOO SOFT even after airdrying! Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration Shampoo is the most moisturizing sulfate-free shampoo I've tried, but I think I like Hair One better. :yep:
Leave-In: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In!! It is moisturizing without being heavy or greasy! I use it directly and as part of my spritz (NTM, water, and oil)
Hair Moisturizer: see above

virtuenow said:
Aubrey Organics GPB (best of all AO's), Shea Moisture (sulfate free) shampoo, and Komaza Califia Leave-in or Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner for leave in. I don't really think of shampoo's as moisturizing; I dilute them and use only on scalp-- they are good at cleaning the scalp. Conditioners and oils are good for cleaning and keeping hair moist.

It really depends on your hair.....I found that GPB was my least fave.....honeysuckle rose and white Camillia are great on my hair!!!!

Shampoo
HV Amala Cream Rinse
Bee Mine Botanical
CON Argan

DC
AOHSR
AOWC
Bee Mine DC
HV SitriNillah
Kenra MC

LI
AOWC

Hair hates Aloe Vera not sure why

So does mine. Makes it dry and crunchy and there goes the breakage. If a product has it in the first few ingredients i avoid it. My hair however loves ORS replenishing pak ( it's like # 11 on the list). I still use the conditioner but not as often as i would like cause i am afraid that frequent use might give me the breakage that aloe vera usually causes me.

Although my hair hated both, i found AOWC to be way more moisturizing than honeysuckle. WC was also easier to apply.

I really do well with Vo5 moisturizing shampoos. They seem to tangle my hair less than other brands.
I almost always use Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner for moisture. I trust this stuff.

SerenavanderWoodsen said:
I really do well with Vo5 moisturizing shampoos. They seem to tangle my hair less than other brands.
I almost always use Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner for moisture. I trust this stuff.

Is this Moisture Recovery "Balm"? In the blue bottle?

I deep condition 1 hour before I was wash w a gentle shampoo ( shea or Patene for women of color shampoo).... conditioners

then DC again w heat cap w a combination of mixed conditoners another hour......
airdry help also

Is this Moisture Recovery "Balm"? In the blue bottle?

It isn't the balm, it's the conditioner... same line though, they are both in a blue bottle. It's not a leave in.
I've been using this conditioner for a very long time. I really rely on it for moisture. It's good stuff. I buy huge bottles off Amazon...

a lot of people love ORS products & shea's moisture products, herbal essence, Patene also .... mee too

old fashion oils: olive, grapeseed, coconut are my favs

Verifen Complex has everything you need. No mixing, adding oil/butters, pre shampoo, conditioner wash, hot oil treatment, etc. :yep:

I love Creme of Nature Argan Oil Shampoo, very moisturizing, makes my hair feel like I could skip conditioner or DC.

Con: Mizani Thermasmooth, CON Argan Oil Intensive Conditioner

Back